[ENG] Google Search Results and Links

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

[ENG] Google Search Results and Links

Post by Dead Parrot »

Howdy folks,

Okay, here's the deal: when you do a Google search for a phrase you receive results as a series of web pages that show a small section of text with your target phrase, as well as a link to the page with that phrase.

In some cases, when I click on the link provided I am taken to what appears to be the page I'm looking for, but then before anything pops up I'm whisked away to another page that sometimes has nothing at all to do with what I was searching for.

Now, that text that I'm looking for is out there, somewhere. Otherwise Google wouldn't have found it (or am I mistaken on that?).

My question is, how can I grab or find that text without being taken to the other link? I've tried to stop the process before I'm taken to the other link, but there's nothing on the page, not even when I attempt a "Select All" function.

Any ideas, thoughts?

Thanks,

DP

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

It happened to me too..especially with pages hosted on Fortune City...and sometimes it really makes me angry... :x

So far the only solution (not the best anyway) i've found is to use the "cache copy" that Google sometimes provides (there is a small link that brings you there)... that can work if the page you are looking for it's not updated often, because what you get is an "old" version of that page, that google has stored in its servers... :roll:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

It worked! The story was not as focused as I'd hoped but I can eventually make it better.

Thanks,

DP