capturing youtube videos

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

killer

capturing youtube videos

Post by killer »

I hardly ever have trouble downloading youtube videos using keepvid, but when one does not want to download what do you do?

Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

I use "downloadhelper" on Firefox and have not had a problem yet~
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Jdownloader 2 is also VERY good at that
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
killer

Post by killer »

Thanks for the info
tobydole

Post by tobydole »

I know this is an old thread but for anyone who may be wondering you can also use Youtube-dl. It requires using the command line but it is so very extendable, and can download from many other websites than Youtube.

For my setup, I have it running on a Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian). I have a huge capacity flash drive connected to it (formatted in NTFS). With youtube-dl you can have your links to a txt file and have it download those links like in a big batch. So basically (for older videos that don't seem to be at risk of deletion) I save up all the links in the batch, and at night I run ydl to save all of them. During the day sometime i'll connect the drive to my PC and copy the files onto my special hdd.

Of course it also works for single videos and the like. Hell, you could even set up a cron job to run every night to download all the links in a batch, and clear the batch so it's all set for the next day. All without having to leave your main computer on!