New Forum Layout?

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like the new layout (with the column on the left) ?

Yes
64%
No
9%
I don't mind / I don't care
27%

Total votes: 11

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

New Forum Layout?

Post by Dead Parrot »

Nyllover - is this an experiment or are you going to keep the new layout?

Thanks,

DP

Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Re: New Forum Layout?

Post by nyllover »

Dead Parrot wrote:Nyllover - is this an experiment or are you going to keep the new layout?
It's an experiment...i was waiting for some reactions... :wink:

I don't know...this layout would give me that space on the left to add some links (perhaps even to recreate the same menu of the website), or to add links to other similar forums as a link exchange... in a few words, would give me more options to "add" something to the forum...
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Ok...i've added a poll...

I would like you all to answer the poll and, if possible, post a message with the reason for your answer, thank you :)
kingdom

Post by kingdom »

I love it!
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I can't say I like it. The forum portion just looks really narrow and cramped. I'm only using a 14 inch monitor so I end up with a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.

I understand why you made the change though. I'll get used to it.

DP

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Dead Parrot wrote:I'm only using a 14 inch monitor so I end up with a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.
I see...that's probably because you are using a 800x600 resolution on your computer (understandable of course on a 14" monitor)...and according to the statistics of the site (here) 21% of visitors of the site use the same thing.
I will think of something, probably all i need to do is reduce the dimensions of the logo on the top left. In that way the scroll bar at the bottom will go away :)
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I would appreciate it Nyllover but don't jump through any hoops. You have more important things to occupy your time. This is a small thing compared to the total value of the site and this board.

DP

ykantickleme

[ENG] new design reply

Post by ykantickleme »

Hey!!! What's up guys! Unfortunately, I was down and out (computer-wise that is) and you go and do something new and fresh! I like the new design Nyllover!!! Keep it if you like!!! :) :) :)
kingdom

Post by kingdom »

Hey Nyllover, just a thought....is there any way we can put the "Help section" under the Board Navigation also? Also, how about a llink for people who could post relevant or interesting websites and/or blogs addresses. I know that this fetish is growing at an alarming rate daily, and it's nice to see so many people having inputs with new websites and blog sites for us to visit. Hope this helps. Thanks.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

kingdom wrote:Hey Nyllover, just a thought....is there any way we can put the "Help section" under the Board Navigation also?
Sure. No problem at all. I'll do it as soon as i'll have time...good idea!!
kingdom wrote: Also, how about a llink for people who could post relevant or interesting websites and/or blogs addresses.

I need to think on this one...because the list could go on forever...i would prefer a special (moderated) section in the forum...i'll think about it but i think it can be done. Something like a "Links" forum where every message needs to be approved by me or the other moderators before it can show up...that could work and be useful...