Suggestion for vid uploads

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

ILF
Mod
Mod

Suggestion for vid uploads

Post by ILF »

Maybe this post should be under the computer section

I don't know why I'm having trouble with the smart ftp.
I downloaded the product; I used the information that Nyl instructed us to put i.e. password, etc.

I can log on
I can search for the movie clip that I want to upload from my files.
It finds the file, then I see a "permission denied."
Any ideas?

Here's the part where I make a suggestion to Nyl for the future.
Eventually, it would be nice to upload a clip thru this forum, similar to the way we can put images.
It would also be great to be able to put images with a larger capacity than the 300kb limit.

Nyl, I am not a computer expert, nor do I even have my own site. So I don't know the kind of time it takes to upgrade with new features. My guess is it takes alot of time. But if you think some of these suggestions are worth considering...... :wink:

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Ehy, first of all, thanks for the suggestion :)

Regarding FTP...it's strange. Try to do the same and, when you find the file you want to upload, right click on it and select "upload".
Because i tried just now, and didn't have any troubles at all :S

Anyway, the reason why i can't do what you suggest on the forum is one: traffic. The amount of traffic that the server can have each month is not endless, it has a limit. I am sure that upoloading bigger files here in the forum would result in a MASSIVE traffic from people who came here just to download things...the people that someone call "lurkers". An example? Some pictures posted in the forum had been download by more than 500 different people....and how many of them are regular posters? None :wink:
And also another thing: the forum would anyway have a "technical" limit of 10 Mbytes per file, which is not enough for some videos.

Try again the ftp please, perhaps even with a small file just to test it, and if you have more troubles just contact me ok? :)
ILF
Mod
Mod

Post by ILF »

I will try again and thank you :wink: