CHAT!

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

[ENG] Would you like a chat on the site? [ITA] Ti piacerebbe una chat sul sito?

Yes (si)
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 11

nyllover
Admin
Admin

CHAT!

Post by nyllover »

[ENG]
Answer to the poll, but also post here all your comments, suggestions or ideas about that. I want first to talk about this here, before putting a poll on the website. So, let me know what you think!

[ITA]
Rispondete al sondaggio ma per favore scrivete anche i vostri commenti. Ne voglio parlare qui prima di mettere un sondaggio sul sito. Quindi, ditemi cosa ne pensate!

daemon

Post by daemon »

L'idea della chat è senza dubbio molto buona, sarebbe stupendo poter discutere con delle ragazze sull'argomento principale del sito. Se si riesce a coinvolgere qualche donzella è davvero una gran cosa, anche se ovviamente so che non sarà una cosa facile.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Ma quanto sei esagerato! :D Cioè te credi davvero che ci siano delle ragazze che verrebbero a visitare questo sito? ma daiiiii :D :D :D :D Io piu' che altro avevo in mente di creare una chat per poterci ritrovare noi lì, senza disperdersi in MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, C6 o che altro! :wink:
daemon

Post by daemon »

La speranza è l'ultima a morire.... :D Comunque sono d'accordo anche a beccarci tra noi, ovvio. :-D
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I haven't voted yet. A few questions first.

Will this be a permanent feature on the site, or will it only be for special occasions when several people agree to be online at the same time to use the chatroom?

How will we overcome the language barrier? It seems that most of the people on the board are either Italian or American (no offense to everyone else), and unfortunately, I do not speak or write Italian. I have to use an online translator to cut and copy the text I want to read. If there his some automatic translator then that would be very nice!

My concern here is having a permanent feature that Nyllover will have to monitor and control, on top of everything else he does to keep this site running and looking good. I would much prefer something that can be done on occasion, like an online meeting where a few people agree to chat at a certain time and date a few times a month.

It would be nice to talk to people, as long as we could understand each other, and not overwork Nyllover.

DP
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Dead Parrot wrote:IWill this be a permanent feature on the site, or will it only be for special occasions when several people agree to be online at the same time to use the chatroom?
Well, it would be great to do it in special occasions, but to do that i think we would need a much higher partecipation on the forum, so then we could decide together when to find each other there... but honestly, all i think we could do now is have a permanent feature where we could find each other to have a talk every now and then. I'm thinking on a way to build it that would let me be there everytime i'm home, using something like an instant messaging program... well too difficult to explain that to do, anyway i would just like to have a way to talk sometimes say with you, or feature, or Babylove...or even all of us together.
Dead Parrot wrote:How will we overcome the language barrier?
This is the big problem. We have two choices. Have one chat where everyone will try to talk in english or just talk to people who can understand him (... so there could be moments where some people have to ignore some other people), or we could have two different chatrooms. One for english and one for italian.
To me, it sounds better the first choice. One single chatroom where everyone speak in the languages he understand... at least for a start. If then we see lots of people going there, we can decide to split the chatroom in two.

And don't worry about me, i don't think now we would need to monitor the chatroom... if then in the future we need to do it, i'll think of what to do... right now it would be already good to see if sometimes we can actually find someone there :D