The new look

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

ILF
Mod
Mod

The new look

Post by ILF »

Nyl, so far very good with the new look of the site.

I would like to suggest maybe a little less shades of red on the site.
Believe it or not, sometimes for a minute or so, my vision is slightly distorted with things looking red.

Perhaps something a little more soothing and cooling to the eye(s) such as some greys and teals.

I don't want Nyl to spend a lot of time on this. If you're somewhat of a perfectionist, you might rack your brain trying to make sure that everything is color co-ordinated. In addition to having certain contrasts for easy legibility.

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I tend to agree on that ILF....trouble is, i'm not a graphic skilled person :)
There is actually a little bit too much of red on the site, but it's hard to think of something else that still looks somehow "unique" as this style... :roll:

What i think i could try to work on is the Forum....it's the place where we all need to read more surely... so perhaps it's the place to start to search for a change in color...
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I have no problem with a color change for the board.

Personally I prefer the color scheme of the <a href="http://www.invisionboard.com/">Invision</a> bulletin boards.

A light blue or grey background with black text is easier on my eyes. I'll have to look around and try to find some other good references.

DP
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Dead Parrot wrote:Personally I prefer the color scheme of the <a href="http://www.invisionboard.com/">Invision</a> bulletin boards.
Yes, it is indeed the easier to read but.....it would be totally different from the website... i want to keep the same look of the site... i don't want the forum to look like something completely "far" from the website....:roll:

My idea now is to give some different color to the tables in the website (the list of videos), so then i can use that color here in the forum too... i dont know which one yet, but it could be a dark gray or a really dark brown...or...uhmmmm :?