My Possible Experiences as a Shoe Salesman

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

KeyserSoze

My Possible Experiences as a Shoe Salesman

Post by KeyserSoze »

After giving it much thought lately, weighing the pros and cons, I've decided to get an additional job as a part-time/full-time shoe salesman. I've applied to women's shoe stores, like Nine West(within my immediate area), Bakers(within my area but a bit far), Naturalizer(within my immediate area), and Aldo(2 within my area).

After work, I went to an Aldo's near me and picked up an application. I asked if they were hiring, and one of the employees said she didn't know, even though she was new. A quick glance of the store, and from what I remember all the shoes were display shoes -- you had to get the shoes from the backroom. That's the kind of store I want to work in -- where you get a chance to work up close and personal with a customer's feet, like helping them try it on and all. A Nine West I went to in the same mall unfortunately had display shoes and a few boxes out under the displays, so for the time being, I've ruled the Nine West that I've applied to at this particular mall out.

The mall on the other side of my area was closed, so I couldn't get a look at Naturalizer there. I thought about applying to the Aldo there too, but I've already applied to so many places.

As I said before, the Bakers store was a bit far out, but I applied anyway. The store caters particularly to the 18-30 female demographic, but really, all these stores I've applied to mostly carry sexy/classy heels and such which would tend to bring in mostly attractive women with pretty nice feet.

Call me crazy, and I know it is risky, but aside from the obvious potential of hundreds of stories and experiences, I truly take interest in assisting others, and would enjoy the personal challenge of something like selling shoes to a customer. Hopefully I can get hired at an Aldo or Naturalizer. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Good luck...I rarely see males doing the tradtional shoe sales for women anymore.
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

A few thoughts offhand:

1. If you recieve a call from one of the store managers be as courteous and pleasant as possible. You are already "making a sale", so act the part.

2. If you have a physical interview then ensure your grooming and wardrobe are impeccable. You want to impress them as a clean cut "Jimmy Olsen" type who can also sell ice to Eskimos.

3. Study and practice good job interview and sales tactics. Become familiar with the product line of the store.

4. Have a good answer that you can deliver smoothly for the inevitable, "Why do you want to work here?" question. I believe this is a major hurdle that you must pass. Unfortunately, I dont' have any easy answers for you. It's something to think about.

Keep us updated.

DP
Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
KeyserSoze

Post by KeyserSoze »

Dead Parrot wrote:Study and practice good job interview and sales tactics. Become familiar with the product line of the store.
Well, I managed to find this http://successfulstore.com/category/shoe-u/. I really hope that I'm allowed to a salesman that offers that kind of service, especially with Step 2.
Dead Parrot wrote:Have a good answer that you can deliver smoothly for the inevitable, "Why do you want to work here?" question. I believe this is a major hurdle that you must pass. Unfortunately, I dont' have any easy answers for you. It's something to think about.
I was thinking something along the lines of "I enjoy assisting others
and think it would be a very interesting experience as a male to sell
shoes to women -- I find it challenging and I think it's something I can become really good at doing." I'm open to suggestions.
KeyserSoze

Post by KeyserSoze »

Just an update for everyone -- I returned my application to the Aldo's, and upon a better glance of the store, I realized that only some of the shoes are on display. The other mall I went to, the one I wasn't able to get to yesterday, I went and got an application from Bakers -- the shoes there are on display, as is Naturalizer. The Bakers employee said that they hire until the end of the summer, so hopefully I could get a job at either of those stores, Bakers or Naturalizer, considering that they are a bit closer to my house and both stores have display shoes on the sales floor.
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

Are you pursuing this career path because you have a fondness for female feet, or because you truly want to sell shoes?

If the former plays a large part, I strongly suggest you reconsider. I also suggest you think long and hard about some of the potential negative aspects of this job.... there are many.

You will be dealing with a lot of different women... and a lot of different feet. 70 year old feet, calloused feet, fungal feet, nasty ass feet.... these are all things that you'll have to deal with. Can you handle that? This is just one example of many.
The Smooth Operator

Post by The Smooth Operator »

hiker wrote:Are you pursuing this career path because you have a fondness for female feet, or because you truly want to sell shoes?

If the former plays a large part, I strongly suggest you reconsider. I also suggest you think long and hard about some of the potential negative aspects of this job.... there are many.

You will be dealing with a lot of different women... and a lot of different feet. 70 year old feet, calloused feet, fungal feet, nasty ass feet.... these are all things that you'll have to deal with. Can you handle that? This is just one example of many.
:superlol:
KeyserSoze

Post by KeyserSoze »

hiker wrote:Are you pursuing this career path because you have a fondness for female feet, or because you truly want to sell shoes?

I said above that the prospect of selling shoes, especially as a man in a women's shoe store, is very interesting and seems like a challenge I'd want to undertake. Being around female feet to me is an added bonus. I know the risk of dealing with nasty feet is there, and that comes with the job, but women generally take good care of their feet, and most women in these stores would be around the 18-35ish demographic, so it shouldn't be all that bad. I intend in being the utmost professional, and in no way come off as some weirdo. Being a professional would actually get you closer to a customer's feet, seeing as how they feel they could trust you and because you make them feel that they're important.