[ENG] Auto Reboot...So annoying...

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

WaddupJee

[ENG] Auto Reboot...So annoying...

Post by WaddupJee »

I don't know why but sometimes, certain programs just restart my computer for some odd reason.

i.e. I run avast and while its running, it restarts.

It has been doing this quite frequently and I was able to catch that blue screen wit the technical information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000000, 0x8054DA70, 0xA2000000, 0x24010400)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried researching (i.e Googling) but no luck...I am very desperate to get rid of this because this has been happening for quite some time now...let's say, 6 months. Can someone please find a solution to this problem. I did find some articles but they have a different 0x0000009C than I do and I need to find that exact one. If you are willing to help, I thank you and I totally appreciate your efforts.

Thanks

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Instead for the code, search for "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". I've found a few places where they say it's because of the computer doesn't "cool down" enough. Meaning that the inside temperature raises too much for the processor and it makes it crash. Try to add some fan inside it or just do as i do, leave the back (or side depending on your case) cover open all the time :)
WaddupJee

Post by WaddupJee »

problem is that I cracked my case open while it was still running and kinda waved my hands over the CPU. Didn't feel hot...

And yes I did google "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" and found various errors but none which resolves my problem...

Well my solution...I took the easy way out... Just reformat your computer.