Uploading Video from Phone to YouTube

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Mike

Uploading Video from Phone to YouTube

Post by Mr. Mike »

This used to be so easy. Just hit the + button on YT to add video from phone…but now it makes everyday “Short” and it sucks. It says “Create Short” and “Create Vudeo” which I select every time and it still makes it a short…can someone help?

Collegetownstudios

Re: Uploading Video from Phone to YouTube

Post by Collegetownstudios »

Mr. Mike wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm This used to be so easy. Just hit the + button on YT to add video from phone…but now it makes everyday “Short” and it sucks. It says “Create Short” and “Create Vudeo” which I select every time and it still makes it a short…can someone help?
If your videos are around 30 seconds they will always be shorts as far as I know.
christo

Post by christo »

Collegetownstudios wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:45 pm
Mr. Mike wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm This used to be so easy. Just hit the + button on YT to add video from phone…but now it makes everyday “Short” and it sucks. It says “Create Short” and “Create Vudeo” which I select every time and it still makes it a short…can someone help?
If your videos are around 30 seconds they will always be shorts as far as I know.
Yeah unfortunately this is true. It's YouTube's attempt to compete with Facebook Reels.
https://scene-it21.blogspot.com/
Home for celebrity pantyhose feet!
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

Did a test run. Looks like it has to be 1 minute long to make it a video. Otherwise it defaults to a “short”
kate45

Post by kate45 »

I am creating youtube videos without having this issue I don't understand why you having this.
Collegetownstudios

Post by Collegetownstudios »

kate45 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:25 am I am creating youtube videos without having this issue I don't understand why you having this.
It may have changed. But his issue is moreso that the length of his videos causes it to be made into a Youtube Short, rather than a youtube video.
kate45

Post by kate45 »

amm right!