What is the best camera to record candid videos?

You can find here all the help you need. Practical guides to help you in making things like send a video or downloading it from Rapidshare, download videos from Youtube and so on... And if you have a problem, write about it here. Post here also all the requests regarding the forum: reposts, peculiar photos you want, videos and so on

Moderator: Moderators

Rafium

Post by Rafium »

Hi,
What kind of equipment do you use?

notalwaysright10000

Re: What is the best camera to record candid videos?

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

I think the best option is probably an app that allows you to record on your phone without any indication on your screen that it's recording. A few years ago I bought one of those key chain cameras that looks just a like a car alarm remote, but the quality was shit, especially when recording indoors. Any shadows that existed in real life seemed to be darkened times ten on video. I bought it around 2012, so I suppose the quality has probably improved since then.
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

You may be interested in this:

http://www.watadeeelcorp.com/product/power-ray-spy-pen/

The picture is beautiful, for the kind of device it is.
Rafium

Post by Rafium »

But this camera probably has no preview via wifi from the phone. That's why during recording we do not know if we will record what we intend to record.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Rafium wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:43 pm But this camera probably has no preview via wifi from the phone. That's why during recording we do not know if we will record what we intend to record.
I've got one coming on Saturday, so I can see if it does or not.

If you really want wifi, you could always try an action cam like a GoPro. I've got an Activeon CX which is/was basically a poor man's GoPro, and it does the wifi pretty well, and best of all, you don't need to keep it on the screen for it to still be actively recording. However, the problem is, when you're connected to the camera's wifi, you're limited from any other internet activities. There's no going on social media or surfing the internet, while it records in the background. At least with the pen, if you do a couple of practice shots and learn how to aim, you won't need the wifi. It's also much more discreet. Just a thought. :sorry:
tobydole

Post by tobydole »

notalwaysright10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 pm I think the best option is probably an app that allows you to record on your phone without any indication on your screen that it's recording.
Be careful with this, fellas. I haven't yet wrote my getting caught experience on here but I can assure you people will eventually notice your phone pointed directly at them.

Whatever you do, you gotta hide the whole recording apparatus. If you do GoPro be sure you hide that thing well.
notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

tobydole wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 am
notalwaysright10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 pm I think the best option is probably an app that allows you to record on your phone without any indication on your screen that it's recording.
Be careful with this, fellas. I haven't yet wrote my getting caught experience on here but I can assure you people will eventually notice your phone pointed directly at them.

Whatever you do, you gotta hide the whole recording apparatus. If you do GoPro be sure you hide that thing well.
Please share your getting caught experience.
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
Rafium

Post by Rafium »

I found a great mobile application. :) You must have two phones. Through this application you control the camera of the first phone via bluetooth from the second phone. You record the action with one phone and you look at the second phone. 100% discretion.
Chips22

Post by Chips22 »

Use your regular phone to do vids..keep the phone against your body..your shirt/pants etc..it won’t mess with the recording..u have to know your camera though..the angles and such..I usually keep the phone screen against me with the lens out..don’t look at what you're recording..u have to be as natural as possible..the best thing to do really is to strike up conversation with your target..i talk to 70% of the women I get..and most times if they like u..they won’t even care what you’re doing lol
ElToroLoco

Post by ElToroLoco »

Rafium wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:50 pm I found a great mobile application. :) You must have two phones. Through this application you control the camera of the first phone via bluetooth from the second phone. You record the action with one phone and you look at the second phone. 100% discretion.
tell us more ;)