The first woman to ever shoeplay in history?

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

Footsiefreak

The first woman to ever shoeplay in history?

Post by Footsiefreak »

Just wanted to think about when or who was the first female to shoepla?. I want to research who wore the first dippable shoes and who was the first shoeplayer? If anyone has anything to discuss please do

Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/the-histor ... stilettos/ this is what I found so far looks like those mules are dippable but Im assuming they wore long gowns to cover it so you couldn't see any shoeplay
Feeture Feature

Post by Feeture Feature »

If you are serious about researching shoes, you should visit the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto.

http://www.batashoemuseum.ca/
OceanWaves3947

Post by OceanWaves3947 »

There is a painting by Peter Paul Rubens of Marie de Medicis, the Queen of France, shoeplaying with her slippers while seated upon her royal throne. Someone posted a link to it in another thread on this forum before. What I’m really curious about is finding other such instances of historical shoeplay. Did women in the Middle East at that time play around with their thonged sandals, resembling flip-flops? That region had (and still has) a warm climate, and I have observed myself that the frequency of observed shoeplay increases markedly with rising temperature.
notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

"Someone posted a link to it in another thread on this forum before."

That was me. I honestly doubt there are many other examples of historical shoeplay in art (at least western art) because there can't be many paintings publicly accessible through reproduction that I haven't seen, and anyway shoes that could be played with were not really common until about 1920. Also, if you go back before about 1500, drawing and painting techniques were too crude to really capture anything.

As far as literature, some years ago I remember someone mentioning on a now defunct site (anyone remember dangling.com?) that shoeplay seems to be described in The Great Gatsby (which I haven't read). There is also something kind of like shoeplay described in War and Peace (which I have read). It's not much, really.

As I recall Natasha Rostov is sitting on a bed and is described as prying her slippers away from her heels by pressing on the back of each foot with the toe her other foot, then letting her legs swing lazily till each slipper eventually drops.

In Anna Karanina, shortly after Anna meets Vronsky for the first time, while traveling back to her home in the sleeping car of a train she experiences an intense tingling sensation that spreads all the way down to her toes. (This isn't quite what it sounds like; at this point in the novel it's not so much infatuation as subconscious anxiety over an attraction she doesn't yet admit to herself she feels. Tolstoy was discusssing the subconscious mind long before Freud.)
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
Feeture Feature

Post by Feeture Feature »

While the art included does not show shoeplay, you can only imagine how much women wanted to slip off these shoes of 16th and 17th centuries. Extremely elevated shoes first worn in Venice and then throughout Europe by women of wealth.

http://www.allaboutshoes.ca/en/heights_ ... /index.php
OceanWaves3947

Post by OceanWaves3947 »

I actually found a text, or texts, from the early 1920’s describing dangling, in perfect detail. It describes how a woman heelpops out of her shoe, and then crosses her legs at the knees, and suspends the shoe on her toes. It even describes how her male significant other is enticed by her shoeplay show.

This the text I am referring to. It is from 1921, and the name of the woman or girl is Belle. She is described as dangling a shoe â€â€￾ described as a slipper at first, then described as a pump a few sentences later â€â€￾ from the end of her toe while crossing her legs, whilst wearing silk stockings, and that this entices her male significant other, whose name is Henry Kemp: https://books.google.com/books?id=oOIEA ... es&f=false
It seems to be a novel. The title of the book is The Girls, and the author is Edna Ferber.

Interestingly, the author herself is female, as opposed to a male with a fetish for shoeplay. So where did she get the inspiration to include this scene in her story? Did she know some men who enjoyed watching women play with their shoes? Did she herself shoeplay, or have female friends or acquaintances who did so? Either way, I doubt she just pulled the concept out of thin air to put it into her book. It was likely inspired by something â€â€￾ either by depictions in still earlier literature, or (and I think this is the more likely option) by experiences with shoeplay that she had had in her own life. This means that shoeplay was going on at least as far back as the early 1920’s and late 1910’s, and, very possibly, perhaps even earlier, as well.

Google Books sure is amazing.
KMFDNFAN

Post by KMFDNFAN »

THIS IS AWESOME! Thanks for the cool post!

Who knows who the first shoeplayer in history was? I know shoeplayable heels existed, but you never see them in any 1920s movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Those girls always wear the same type of old style shoes. My favorite decade is the 60s because that's when the girls started looking a little more cute in shorter skirts and dresses.
Big shoeplay fan