[ENG] Slow connections?

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

Zeos

[ENG] Slow connections?

Post by Zeos »

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone is getting slow download speeds of the website and the clips. Sometimes it doesn't run so well and lately things have been very slow. Anyone else have this problem? Knowing my luck its just me, but let me know if anyone else is having problems.
Peace.

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Yes, a few other people told me so (one from Italy, one from USA). You know, i'm on a free host that i can just thank everyday for letting me have online so many videos... plus the fact that lately the website is having much more visits... so... just have patience... it's slow, but it works :)
I will never put this website on a paied hosting, because it would mean ask you people some money to access it... and i'll never do that, i swear :P :P
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Yeah Im having problems with slow downloads too.It will say 1 and a half hours to download a 15 sec clip and I just dont bother to download sometimes.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I guess the situation is bad especially in the weekends... sorry about that guys....really nothing i can do about it :(
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Nyllover, you of all people should apologize for nothing. =) Your hard work is nothing but appreciated and I don't mind the slow speeds. Just curious if others were having the same problem. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts.
Feeture Feature

Post by Feeture Feature »

I think you are becoming a victim of your own success, Nyllover. Too many people want to see the great stuff on the site as the word spreads. I too have been having problems even getting on the site. And on another board you mentioned that people should only be getting one popup max when accessing the site. I have had up to 4 on some occasions, a real nuisance. I mean 4 before a single page is viewable.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Weird about the popups Feature... i'll have a look about it, really you shouldn't get more than 1 (or 2)...

I will probably see what to do after these holidays (i'm going away from the 27th of December to the 7th of January).

About the speed of the site... well, nothing to do about it really... i can't afford to pay for my own server at the moment.
Feeture Feature

Post by Feeture Feature »

No criticism of you intended Nyllover. It's just the way things are. This slowdown is just growing pains. And I'm sorry for double posting sometimes. It has something to do with using the back button on the browser after posting the first time. I go back to the forum using the command on the screen but that only takes me back to the section I was in. So I use the back button and that causes a double post. Don't know exactly why but I have to figure out a different way of navigation.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Dont worry about double posting, anyway i think (not sure) that you can delete your own messages (there should be a "X" icon on the top right of each of your messages, or anyway you can "Edit" them :)

About the site... i appreciate what you wrote and didn't take that as a "personal" criticism, but just as a comment on what's going on on the site, just it. And it's useful! Feedback is ALWAYS appreciated :wink: