Shakespeare play dirty feet

🛑IMPORTANT: This section is NOT to post videos or pictures, use the Foot Fetish Pictures & Videos section for that.
Post a message here if you know a GENERAL FOOT FETISH scene that you've discovered and couldn't find the video. Be sure to give as much details as possible, so that we can all hunt down the video

Moderator: Moderators

Feeture Feature

Shakespeare play dirty feet

Post by Feeture Feature »

Just got home from a free showing of BBC 1963 production of "As You Like It" with a very young Vanessa Redgrave. There were only 6 of us in attendance on a snowy Saturday morning. The BBC is allowing theaters to show historic TV Shakespeare plays for the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. Anyway, this play was filled with the dirty bare feet of Redgrave and 3 other actresses. Once the action moved into a forest they were continually barefoot.

notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

Vanessa Redgrave was pretty damn hot when she was young. So was Hellen Mirren, but no bare feet in that version. I presume Redgrave plays Roslyn? Wouldn't she be dressed as a boy for most the play? I guess most productions would have her in a gown at the beginning, but I haven't read 'As You Like It" in a while.

I wonder if Spain is doing something similar for Cervantes? (Some scholars think he and Shakespeare might have died on the same day.)

Anyway, I wonder if this is on youtube...
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
Feeture Feature

Post by Feeture Feature »

Redgrave does play Rosalind and is dressed as a supposed shepherd youth for most of the last 2/3 of the play and even in wedding gown at end she is barefoot. The director did not hesitate to show the feet and intentionally since this was a TV production. The other 3 actresses are not as attractive as Redgrave but do show their feet to advantage. Probably very hard to find a video of this 1963 production. Unless BBC has one for sale.
notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

"...even in wedding gown at end she is barefoot."

Interesting. There's a line in 'The Taming of the Shrew' that goes.

"Nay, now I see
She is your treasure, she must have a husband,
I must dance barefoot on her wedding day".

Apparently to an Elizabethan audience it would be some kind of insult to dance barefoot at a bride's wedding. But Old Willy was just fine with anachronisms himself. (For example he references the hands of a clock in 'Antony and Cleopatra'.)
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.