What about some American Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do i need to explain this one to you? :-)

Moderator: Moderators

bigfoot

What about some American Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bigfoot »

Anyone on the forum happy the football season is arriving? Personally, I am excited for the NY Giants! Anyone care? drool:

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I don't watch sports much anymore Bigfoot. It's kind of difficult for me to do so since I don't have a TV. :lol:

My only real connection to the sport was watching it as a kid/teenager in the 70s. When you say American football I think of Terry Bradshaw, Kenny Stabler and Roger Staubach. Ahhh, those were the days.

Now I do have a little interest in baseball. We have a minor league team here in town and I go to see them on occasion. It's a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. :ooook: I've never been to a MLB game but I suppose I should go and watch one in Chicago or St. Louis.

What's happening with football today? Lots of new franchises I see, and what about the instant replay/challenge rule?

DP
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

Well whenever fall arrives, the pigskin is on my mind! Dp, unfortunately I wasn't old enough to have seen the great Steelers of the 70's, or for that matter the bad Oakland Raiders either( That was a MEAN TEAM!). Today's game is just as exciting and now with the age of free agency and salary caps on teams, there is now parity in football! This means any team can possibly come out of nowhere and make a run at the superbowl! This year it will be interesting to see though if the New England Patriots can threepeat! As far as instant replay is concerned, it is in use on challenges by teams coaches on disputed calls! I'm sorry you don't have a TV, if it's any consolation; if you were my neighbor I would invite you over my place every Sunday and watch some pigskin! :hug:
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

P.S.- GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: