Kylie...we hope you get better soon!

Let's talk about the most beautiful creatures in the universe: women!

Moderator: Moderators

kingdom

Kylie...we hope you get better soon!

Post by kingdom »

Yeah, the foot queen of pop (not Madonna guys sorry) is diagnosed with breast cancer. We only wish from out hearts that she'll recover soon enough to entertain us in no time at all whether it is for a pose or for another comeback concert. We love you! :kiss:

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Oh we certainly do love you sweetie!

This is not good folks. As far as her treatment goes she'll probably have to undergo surgery to have the affected tissue removed (mastectomy, spelling?) and also chemotherapy. The chemotherapy may be the worst part as there are plenty of side effects.

Kylie is a small woman, but she is in very good physical condition otherwise. Doubtless the outpouring of support she'll receive from her fans worldwide will help during her treatment. Regardless, she has a difficult physical and emotional fight ahead.

All we can do is wish her the best, and if you pray, do so.

DP
Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Let me join you guys....i wish all the best to her of course! :)
ILF
Mod
Mod

Post by ILF »

A BIG DITTO FROM ME, TOO!!!!
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

UPDATE - Good news for a change.

It appears that the cancer is confined to her breast. It had not progressed far enough to spread elsewhere. Although still tragic, this simplifies things considerably, and means that in all probability she will have a mastectomy, reconstructive plastic surgery, radiotherapy...and then get back to making music.:lol:

The news stories that I've seen so far currently have her in an Aussie hospital waiting to undergo surgery. I would assume this would be the mastectomy. The way they are talking about the limited nature of the cancer her follow-up therapy will not be as grueling as my worst-case scenario posited.

And her reproductive system also appears to be unaffected. She can still have children.

More updates as they become available.

21 MAY - <a href="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... Successful surgery</a>.

DP

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

And the roller coaster ride continues. :imsad:

It looks like her therapy will be more intensive than first thought. She may be out of the loop for the next year.

Here's a <a href="http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed ... f">link</a> to the original story but the bottom line is that she will undergo <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiothera ... therapy</a> treatment for the next six months. Then she'll need another six months to fully recover. The possible side effects are not something I want to think about.

Again, she's young and in great condition. She won't die from the cancer, but it will be a fight for her to regain a healthy lifestyle.

All my best wishes Kylie, I know you can do it. :hug:

DP

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Ufff....my best wishes to her too....

COME ON KYLIE, YOU CAN DO IT!!
kingdom

Post by kingdom »

She was also proposed to by bedside. How romantic! Awww.
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

What?!? :o Danni asked Kylie to marry her, or was it the other way around?

:love: :love:

DP

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Update as of 9 July 2005. I pulled this story from Cybervampire's site.
So far so good.

DP
Kylie's on the mend says Dannii

By KATHY McCABE Music Writer

July 9, 2005

KYLIE Minogue is expected to make a full recovery from breast cancer, according to her sister Dannii.

The pop star's sister revealed Kylie has received a positive prognosis and was responding better than expected to treatment.

While attending an exhibition in London last week, Dannii described her sister as "inspirational".

"I heard today she's going to be fine. She's really lucky her cancer has been treatable. She's getting better by the day," Dannii said.

"I can't wait to see her back on her feet. She's inspirational, she's a fighter."

Kylie postponed the Australian leg of her Showgirl tour in May after being diagnosed with breast cancer while holidaying with her actor boyfriend Olivier Martinez in Melbourne.

After surgery at St Frances Xavier Cabrini Hospital and recuperating at her family's Melbourne home, she returned to London to continue treatment.

While it is too early for her Australian tour to be rescheduled, organisers of the 2007 Glastonbury festival are said to have invited her to perform after she had to cancel her headlining spot at last month's event.

Kylie also visited a Children's Cancer Ward in Melbourne today, her first public appearance since being diagnosed with cancer.

bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

Good Job DP! Things are getting better for Kylie! :)
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Just an update based on a Yahoo! news story.
Minogue Still Treated for Breast Cancer

Fri Jan 13, 5:36 PM ET

LONDON - Kylie Minogue is still being treated for breast cancer, but the disease has not recurred since surgery last year, the Australian pop star's publicist said in a statement Friday.

Minogue underwent successful surgery in May to remove the cancer. Since that operation, the results have been positive.

"Fortunately we are still able to say we have received no news of a reoccurrence of the cancer," the statement read. "However, at this point in time, Kylie's treatments are continuing."

"Kylie remains keen to return to work and in particular to reschedule the Showgirl Tour of Australia," it added, referring to the 2005 tour that was postponed soon after Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Minogue underwent chemotherapy in Paris following her surgery in Melbourne, Australia, and is now reportedly back in Australia.

The 37-year-old singer is known for hits such as "Loco-Motion" and "Can't Get You Out of My Head." She is currently nominated for a Grammy for dance recording for her song "Guilt Is a Useless Emotion."
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

:noworthy: :noworthy: :noworthy:
ykantickleme

[ENG] reply

Post by ykantickleme »

I'm shocked by all this!!! :o :o :o But, thanks DP for posting & giving regular updates! I'll pray for her!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:
ILF
Mod
Mod

Post by ILF »

no real emphasis on her feet, just some pics of kylie
Attachments
20000101PS01_GTY.jpg
kylie_color1.jpg
EDP501-004-MF.jpg
Kylie_Grass.jpg
Kylie-Slow-2.jpg
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Where Kylie is concerned, no emphasis on her feet is needed. She is a beautiful and talented woman, and I'll take whatever view of her I can get. :kiss:

Thanks for posting!

DP
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

The Showgirl is back!

All of the articles I've read about her comeback concert have been very positive. Here's a selection of stories:

<a href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20 ... l">Comback Kylie Dazzles Fans</a>

<a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Mus ... ut/">Kylie Back Onstage After Cancer Fight</a>

<a href="http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... html">Bono Joins Kylie Onstage For Surprise Duet</a>

Sounded like a great show. She's going to finish out the Australian leg of the tour before going to the UK.

DP