The Ones Who Got Away

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

paradigm88

The Ones Who Got Away

Post by paradigm88 »

I was going to share this under the topic about our wives/girlfriends and their acceptance of our interest. But it seemed like it could be provocative on its own, and I didn't want to hijack the thread.

Now, obviously foot partialism/fetishism is sort of an acquired taste. Some women are open to it, and others are repulsed by it. Being aware of that, I was always really cautious of "outing" myself in the dating days. I guess I feared that there would be repercussions to a woman being weirded out by my interest. So while I'd probe for that latent interest, I was afraid to come out and outright acknowledge it. And even when I felt bold enough to admit it, I was hesitant to actually do anything.

And in retrospect, I can't help but wonder if a couple prospective dates "got away" on that account.

For instance, I went on a few dates with a girl I met through an online dating network. She was genuinely sweet, with the cute-versus-sexy aesthetic that catches my eye. She was a shoe lover, which opened the door a crack for me to mention my appreciation of girls with cute feet and nice shoes. She wasn't scared off; rather, she seemed intrigued by someone who'd talk fashion with her, or encourage her to buy shoes.

Our first date was an unplanned meetup at a coffee shop; I was there and when she said she was nearby, I said she should come over. Sure enough, in she walks...in jeans, black knee-highs and a cute pair of flats. She and I talked for a bit, and when the shop closed down, we went outside and sat in my car. As we talked, she slipped off her shoes so she could show them to me, all the while propping her little nylon feet on my dashboard. This was all brand new ground for me.

We went on a couple more dates, which usually ended with us sitting in my car talking after the restaurant closed. If I looked over to my passenger seat, she was usually out of her flats, resting her stockinged feet. I'd ask her later on: "Did you take your shoes off in my car?" "Oh, maybe." Or she'd lament how she wore heels for an interview, but had to take them off while shopping, and switched to flats for her other errands. We went to a nicer restaurant for a date one night. This time, she went with a modest skirt, hose and heeled boots. In my car, I was so tempted to reach over and unzip her boots for her. I wanted to. But it felt incredibly forward, and so I didn't. I'd kind of judged that it was way too early for that.

Our last date was dinner and a movie. She was in jeans and silver flats with dark hose, and during dinner we played a little footsie, though I think her shoes stayed on. Again, I was naive and this was new to me. We went to the movie, and halfway through I realized that she'd crossed one leg over the other and her shoes were off. I'd wanted to give her a foot rub, but we were basically in public. It'd have been obvious to those around us what I was doing. So I didn't. And neither of us could stay late after the movie, so I couldn't welcome her into the car for a post-film massage.

That was our last "date." From there, it got complicated. Her family situation was complicated, and she'd considered moving out of state to chase life while she was young. In some ways, she wasn't sure she wanted a boyfriend as additional baggage as things changed. And there was a guy in her life she had been pining for all along, though losing hope in all the same. We stayed in touch - and we did see each other a couple times a year later, and she did show her feet off - but romance, long-term, wasn't in the cards for us at that point.

And yet at times, I wonder if I'd been more forward and gave her the foot rub in the theater, or if I'd have unzipped her boots and rubbed her feet after dinner that night, if maybe we'd have gone further, even if the same endpoint was in store.

What about all of you? Is there someone in your dating days whose acceptance you underestimated? Or, perhaps, if you were bolder and went a step beyond on a date, maybe there'd have been more dates afterwards?