What causes shoeplay fetishes?

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

OceanWaves3947

What causes shoeplay fetishes?

Post by OceanWaves3947 »

I’m wondering why I have such a fetish for shoeplay. It seems to me like it doesn’t make sense from a biological or evolutionary perspective. Shoes only began to be worn by humans relatively recently, in evolutionary time, so it seems odd that a fetish for such a very specific set of actions involving interactions between feet and shoes would evolve in such little time. Also, shoeplay has no obvious connection to sex or reproduction, and, since the evolutionary purpose of sexuality is to reproduce and continue on the species, a shoeplay fetish, once again, makes no biological or evolutionary sense here.
Also, I highly doubt there is a shoeplay fetish gene or genes. As I mentioned, it doesn’t seem like there has been quite enough time for evolution to cause genes for such a recently-developed phenomenon, which is unrelated to reproduction, and, thus, has no survival advantage, to evolve in certain individuals.

So why do I, and, apparently, so many others, have a fetish for shoeplay, in particular? What, if anything, could possibly be behind it?

ShoeplayJ

Re: What causes shoeplay fetishes?

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Ah, now this is more like it!

People have all kinds of theories as to why these fetishes begin. It's kind of hard to pinpoint why a shoeplay fetish happens, especially since shoeplay stills seems to be a seemingly foreign term to the general public (and quite frankly, in my opinion, it can stay that way.) However I think getting to the bottom of a shoeplay fetish, requires understanding a foot fetish in general, and the theories that come with. And boyyy are there many theories. Some of them sound very plausible and others sound really bizarre, such as feet being a turn-on "because they look like penises" (what the entire fuck?!) There was an article I read about this very subject; not so much "shoeplay", but feet in pantyhose fetish in general.

"Why So Many Guys Get HIGHLY Aroused By Feet and Women in Pantyhose"

Here's a few points I found interesting:
1. Foot fetishes may be tied to the actual wiring of our brains.

Neuroscientist Vilanayar Ramachandran, Director of the Center for Brain and Cognition at the University of California at San Diego, discovered a link between the brain and foot fetishes while working on research involving pain in phantom limbs. In trying to figure out how it is that amputated limbs can still cause patients pain, he discovered it had to do with the brain's own "body map". A body map is basically exactly what it sounds like, a guide that dictates which part of the brain control which part of the body.

So when people still feel pain after having a limb removed, he believes it's because their brain has failed to erase, as it were, this part of its body map. Ramachandran was even more surprised to find that in some amputees, while they didn't feel any pain in limbs no longer attached to their bodies, they did feel sexual arousal there. His take is that in these cases, not only did the brain fail to erase the limb's from its body map, it accidentally rewired the map for pleasure in that area.
Guys, these patients were basically losing limbs and then having ghost orgasms, which is totally insane and, therefore, I love it!

Ramachandran, therefore, drew the conclusion that in the brain's body map of the area associated with genital stimulation and the area associated with the feet are directly adjacent to each other. So Ramachandran believes that it isn't much of a leap at all to believe that in people with a foot fetish, their brain has rewired their pleasure and arousal section of their body map to the foot management section!
Here's something that kind of sounds a little like shoeplay:
If a man is into feet AND he's into pantyhose, he might be particularly excited by how easy it is to remove a woman's sexy high-heeled shoes when she's wearing tights or hose.

Additionally, many people find nylons to be so incredibly hot because of the way they transform the entire look of someone's legs into sheer (see what I did there?) perfection. Gone are bumps, bruises, and blemishes we all have, and in their place, a pair of stems straight out of a glossy fashion magazine.

Irresistible, no?
And LASTLY (and this one seemed incredibly interesting to me)....
3. Foot fetishes might also be related to a fear of disease.

Don't freak out. I'm not saying your passion for feet or for women in pantyhose is "sick." What I AM saying is that scientists have found a correlation between rising rates of sexually transmitted diseases in some populations and an increased number of people reporting to have a foot fetish.

These researchers believe that when it's even less safe than usual to have unprotected sex due to rising rates of infection, the brain protectively sends us messages alerting us to the sexiness of typically "unsexy" things like bunions or the smell of a woman's shoe in order to keep us out of harm's while still granting us a path towards sexual satisfaction.
I told ya there were a lot of theories, out there...

Now...

All bizarre theories aside; Personally, I think it boils down to whether there was any sexual arousal on our part, when we first saw shoeplay. Can you remember the very first time you saw a woman shoeplay? I think, if a person is young and impressionable, seeing something while being sexually aroused can create a connection. That's a very basic and "lazy" theory, on my part, but I think it makes sense.

I can't remember who the very first woman I saw shoeplaying was, but I do remember one of the first people I ever saw shoeplay (I shudder to admit) was my own mom; I was about three years old. Now, even as a wee lad, the "eww! That's my mom" factor was there (and it doesn't help, that my mom has ugly feet), but I do remember being intrigued then, as if I just couldn't take my eyes off it, but no arousal. Just a "Wow, what am I even looking at, here?". I was underneath her chair playing with a toy while she was on the phone, and I happened to look up and notice she had her heels out of her shoes. She was wearing dark colored stockings (as many women did in the 80's and early 90's) and...some type of shoes.

On the other hand, one of the first times I can recall actually being turned-on by feet and shoeplay was when I was in daycare (yep, I remember bits and pieces of daycare days...strange, I know). I attended a Catholic school, and there were Nuns all about the place, wearing either white or black stockings, and any number variation of closed toe shoes. There was one day that's stood out more than any other from that time; I remember lying awake at naptime and watching one of the Nuns, who was seated about ten feet away from where my cot was placed. At first there was nothing, as I just lie there watching her feet, but eventually that started to change. She was wearing black opaque stockings and some of type of penny loafers. She wasn't doing anything too intense, she mostly had her heels out and was rubbing them together, but that little bit was enough to catch my attention! I remember it being so quiet, you could hear a rat piss in the place. The only sounds I could hear, were the subtle snores of the other children around me napping, and the scratchy sound of her nylon heels rubbing together. Again, with where my cot was, I had an excellent view. This time, I definitely had a a strange feeling down there, as I watched this. For the entire nap time, I watched her do that, and I couldn't take my eyes away.

From then on, any time a woman wore stockings and dress shoes, I was hooked. By the time I was in kindergarten, I realized that I definitely like feet, and not just shoeplay. It wasn't until I was a teenager, that I realized "Holy shit! This is sexy, and I can totally get off to this!".

Yeah, I'm rambling now. Basically, it's tough to say exactly why or how shoeplay fetishes get started. Perhaps its a mix of the "wired that way" theory, as well as the idea of there having been some sexual arousal on our part, at the first exposure.
OceanWaves3947

Post by OceanWaves3947 »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 am Ah, now this is more like it!

People have all kinds of theories as to why these fetishes begin. It's kind of hard to pinpoint why a shoeplay fetish happens, especially since shoeplay stills seems to be a seemingly foreign term to the general public (and quite frankly, in my opinion, it can stay that way.) However I think getting to the bottom of a shoeplay fetish, requires understanding a foot fetish in general, and the theories that come with. And boyyy are there many theories. Some of them sound very plausible and others sound really bizarre, such as feet being a turn-on "because they look like penises" (what the entire fuck?!) There was an article I read about this very subject; not so much "shoeplay", but feet in pantyhose fetish in general.

"Why So Many Guys Get HIGHLY Aroused By Feet and Women in Pantyhose"

Here's a few points I found interesting:
1. Foot fetishes may be tied to the actual wiring of our brains.

Neuroscientist Vilanayar Ramachandran, Director of the Center for Brain and Cognition at the University of California at San Diego, discovered a link between the brain and foot fetishes while working on research involving pain in phantom limbs. In trying to figure out how it is that amputated limbs can still cause patients pain, he discovered it had to do with the brain's own "body map". A body map is basically exactly what it sounds like, a guide that dictates which part of the brain control which part of the body.

So when people still feel pain after having a limb removed, he believes it's because their brain has failed to erase, as it were, this part of its body map. Ramachandran was even more surprised to find that in some amputees, while they didn't feel any pain in limbs no longer attached to their bodies, they did feel sexual arousal there. His take is that in these cases, not only did the brain fail to erase the limb's from its body map, it accidentally rewired the map for pleasure in that area.
Guys, these patients were basically losing limbs and then having ghost orgasms, which is totally insane and, therefore, I love it!

Ramachandran, therefore, drew the conclusion that in the brain's body map of the area associated with genital stimulation and the area associated with the feet are directly adjacent to each other. So Ramachandran believes that it isn't much of a leap at all to believe that in people with a foot fetish, their brain has rewired their pleasure and arousal section of their body map to the foot management section!
Here's something that kind of sounds a little like shoeplay:
If a man is into feet AND he's into pantyhose, he might be particularly excited by how easy it is to remove a woman's sexy high-heeled shoes when she's wearing tights or hose.

Additionally, many people find nylons to be so incredibly hot because of the way they transform the entire look of someone's legs into sheer (see what I did there?) perfection. Gone are bumps, bruises, and blemishes we all have, and in their place, a pair of stems straight out of a glossy fashion magazine.

Irresistible, no?
And LASTLY (and this one seemed incredibly interesting to me)....
3. Foot fetishes might also be related to a fear of disease.

Don't freak out. I'm not saying your passion for feet or for women in pantyhose is "sick." What I AM saying is that scientists have found a correlation between rising rates of sexually transmitted diseases in some populations and an increased number of people reporting to have a foot fetish.

These researchers believe that when it's even less safe than usual to have unprotected sex due to rising rates of infection, the brain protectively sends us messages alerting us to the sexiness of typically "unsexy" things like bunions or the smell of a woman's shoe in order to keep us out of harm's while still granting us a path towards sexual satisfaction.
I told ya there were a lot of theories, out there...

Now...

All bizarre theories aside; Personally, I think it boils down to whether there was any sexual arousal on our part, when we first saw shoeplay. Can you remember the very first time you saw a woman shoeplay? I think, if a person is young and impressionable, seeing something while being sexually aroused can create a connection. That's a very basic and "lazy" theory, on my part, but I think it makes sense.

I can't remember who the very first woman I saw shoeplaying was, but I do remember one of the first people I ever saw shoeplay (I shudder to admit) was my own mom; I was about three years old. Now, even as a wee lad, the "eww! That's my mom" factor was there (and it doesn't help, that my mom has ugly feet), but I do remember being intrigued then, as if I just couldn't take my eyes off it, but no arousal. Just a "Wow, what am I even looking at, here?". I was underneath her chair playing with a toy while she was on the phone, and I happened to look up and notice she had her heels out of her shoes. She was wearing dark colored stockings (as many women did in the 80's and early 90's) and...some type of shoes.

On the other hand, one of the first times I can recall actually being turned-on by feet and shoeplay was when I was in daycare (yep, I remember bits and pieces of daycare days...strange, I know). I attended a Catholic school, and there were Nuns all about the place, wearing either white or black stockings, and any number variation of closed toe shoes. There was one day that's stood out more than any other from that time; I remember lying awake at naptime and watching one of the Nuns, who was seated about ten feet away from where my cot was placed. At first there was nothing, as I just lie there watching her feet, but eventually that started to change. She was wearing black opaque stockings and some of type of penny loafers. She wasn't doing anything too intense, she mostly had her heels out and was rubbing them together, but that little bit was enough to catch my attention! I remember it being so quiet, you could hear a rat piss in the place. The only sounds I could hear, were the subtle snores of the other children around me napping, and the scratchy sound of her nylon heels rubbing together. Again, with where my cot was, I had an excellent view. This time, I definitely had a a strange feeling down there, as I watched this. For the entire nap time, I watched her do that, and I couldn't take my eyes away.

From then on, any time a woman wore stockings and dress shoes, I was hooked. By the time I was in kindergarten, I realized that I definitely like feet, and not just shoeplay. It wasn't until I was a teenager, that I realized "Holy shit! This is sexy, and I can totally get off to this!".

Yeah, I'm rambling now. Basically, it's tough to say exactly why or how shoeplay fetishes get started. Perhaps its a mix of the "wired that way" theory, as well as the idea of there having been some sexual arousal on our part, at the first exposure.
About how old was that shoeplaying nun, and what did she look like?

I cannot remember the first time I ever saw shoeplay, either. I remember being sort of into feet when I was little. I remember that the daycare workers often wore flip-flops when I was at daycare, and I found myself often looking at their feet. I also remember being fixated on the smell of my own feet when I was around three years old. I would often take my shoes off and smell my feet. (I cannot do that anymore; I’m no longer flexible enough to bring my feet to my nose). Honestly, I think I was already into shoeplay before then, but I cannot remember any specific occurrences before I was in the second semester of Seventh Grade or so. I remember I noticed that my sister would dangle her flats and take her flip-flops off sometimes while sitting. Then, I began to notice the girls and women around me shoeplaying — my female classmates, my female teachers, girls and women I saw at various random public places — and it has been a part of my life ever since then.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

About how old was that shoeplaying nun, and what did she look like?
Hell man, I was a toddler. But if I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say maybe 25-30'ish, and she had a petite and friendly looking face, with what may have been blonde eyebrows? She sometimes wore glasses and sometimes not. She could come to my door tomorrow and I wouldn't recognize her lol.
dawgster

Post by dawgster »

The way I see it, the foot is a marvel of engineering - not to mention scientifically proven to be one of the most sensitive parts of human anatomy. So although shoes are a relatively recent development in evolution, the idea that the foot is partially hidden yet partially shown in a teasing manner makes it perfectly understandable as to why shoeplay is arousing.
Lily Hoorn

Post by Lily Hoorn »

My own fetish for shoeplay started just a few years ago in year 7. I got into shoeplay/shoeloss cod of when one of the boys in class cut the buckle off of my right t-bar shoe. This meant that I was losing it constantly and a few weeks later I cut the other one off as well on purpose cos I enjoyed it so much. After that point I was pretty much hooked
danglersluv

Post by danglersluv »

I believe my first encounter with shoeplay/dangling was when i was 2 and i was under a table while my mother and her friend were sitting at,I also remember me playing with my mothers friend heel while lying under that table,later in life when i was 23 my dangling fetish with my mothers friend would become my reality,I was asked by her if i could give her a hand with moving some of her furniture,now bare in mind her marriage with her husband of 30 years turned to crap they never had children and they got divorced 1 year prior to this,anyhow i told my mother yea sure Ill give her hand or maybe more than my hand lol(but i wasnt to know this)anyhow i turned up at her place and she let me in and offered me a drink,my first thought was looking at her feet,she was wearing barely black pantyhose with low cut heels,straight away i got hard,i asked for a glass of water we sat down on her patio outside and straight away she crossed her legs and the dangling started,my hard on just wouldnt go away,moving on we moved her furniture around to where she wanted it and then i sat down on her couch,she sat quite close to me on the couch and then asked me straight up what turns me on and i just couldnt hold back and i told her what does,one thing lead to another and she told me shes always wanted to fuck me and i told her i always wanted to not only fuck you but your feet,stockings and heels too,Im so glad i got to jizz in her heels at the end,now this has happened a number of times and my mother to this day knows nothing :bastardinside:
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

I've never really been able to distill an "origin" for my preferences. All the usual signs and indicators are, well, absent.

I'm too young for the "glory days." My mother didn't return to work until my sister and I were well along in school. My folks didn't do social gatherings where people would be dressed up. So my sphere of "older influencers" is pretty much empty. (Probably why I'm not drawn to shoeplayers notably older than myself.)

And yet I know in the first grade, girls who wore dresses caught my eye more than girls who didn't. In the third grade, a girl who wore tights and sneakers was the object of an early crush, one I remember all these years later. It probably wasn't until the fourth grade that I actually remember girls my age playing with their shoes.

I have no idea how the seed was planted or how it was nurtured. But I'm glad it blossomed.
moonrider

Post by moonrider »

I don't really have a clear memory about liking Shoe Dangling, or Shoeplay in general, before I was 6 years old. I think when the "Imprint" happened, it was so sudden, and beautifully placed that the sensation could be best described as an "Explosion of light". It gave me such a feeling of pleasure, which I, of course, couldn't and didn't understand at that moment. I was very young. However, I knew I had liked what I had seen, and felt. From then on, watching women play with their high heels was part of who I am. I am no expert in psychology, and won't dare to throw any pseudo theories about it. However, your notion that an "Imprint" does happen at a young age, does seem to apply to me, as I was 6 years old when it happened, and as it seems to happen to many others, the person that game me the imprint was my mother. A very beautiful woman from a South American country.

I remember the day well. It was 1966, and in my country, around those days, women wore very high, stiletto high heel pumps. That evening, my parents had organized a party to celebrate my mother's birthday, who was in her mid-twenties. When the time came for the party, I was in my room. The lights were off, but the door was left ajar enough, that I could see the living room. There were some chairs right in front. I was lying on my bed, looking through the ajared door's small space. Nobody could see me. There were a lot of people, and most were dancing. I did notice the women's high heels. The women looked very nice in them. Suddenly, I saw my mother walk towards one of the chairs that was right in front of my door. She looked very beautiful wearing a white dress, nylons, and white stilleto high heel pumps. They were very high. She had been dancing, and obviously, was very tired.

I remember that I was lying on my stomach. I guess I must have been moving a bit. When I noticed my mother walking towards the chair in front of the door, a friend of hers, came too, and sat next to her. They were taking, and laughing when something made me look down at her heels. At that moment she crossed her legs, and began dangling her right stilleto high heel. The sight of it totally shocked me, I couldn't keep my eyes off her shoe dangling, this must have lasted quite a long time, and I was just totally mesmerized by the sight of her shoe, her nylons and how beautiful all looked. Then, she uncrossed her legs, and in one move, she slipped off both her high heels to the floor, continueing to play with her heels as she was sitting taking to her friend. That was when what I call the "Explosion of Light" happened. The way she was playing with them, or the sight of how her nylons, and heels looked as she moved her feet playing with her heels, I don't really know, made feel such a tremendous feeling of pleasure in my privates. I could best describe it as an electric charge that ran through me. It was of such strength that I just lied there watching her, totally filled with a sensation of pleasure that was unknown to me. She kept playing with her heels for a while, until she and her friend stood and went back to dancing. I just kept remembering what I had seen, and the sensation of pleasure I had felt.

Through the following days, I kept thinking about what had happened to me. And I did begin to notice other women and girls in heels and flats. I did notice those who would play with them. And after a couple of other very special moments, the full imprint was set. And it has continued to be part of who I am ever since. I did get to enjoy the beautiful sight of women as they dangled their heels in many settings. However, I also discovered the dark side of it, which is the risk of being ridiculed. This was something you couldn't just share with anybody. I myself, didn't understand what I had during the time I lived in my country. There was nothing in the way of information, or support of any kind available to me. I thought I was the only one who had this interest towards high heel dangling. Growing up in this way, is indeed, not an easy situation. I was fortunate enough to meet my wife while we were both in High School. She was very supportive from the beginning. And it has continued to be like this after forty years of marriage. She is wonderfully adept at Shoe Dangling and Shoeplay in general. She loves to wear high heel stiletto heels everywhere we go.
Attachments
IMG_6743.JPG
Dangling Fan

Post by Dangling Fan »

Amazing photo moonrider! :outstanding: :outstanding: :outstanding: Do you have more photos like this from your wife?
Leopard

Post by Leopard »

That was very sexy Moonrider!!! Hope you have more pics like thi one... :o :love: :love:
DTC1977

Post by DTC1977 »

I think all fetishes start during formative years where a particular incident becomes fused as part of our sexuality and it's with you for life.