Have you seen more shoeplay with flats or heels?

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

Footsiefreak

Have you seen more shoeplay with flats or heels?

Post by Footsiefreak »

Have you witnessed more shoeplay shows with flats or heels/wedges/one inch heel? What are you estimated percentages of any point in your life?

Well in school the 80s it was 75% flats and 25% heels because most of my classmates wore flats and my teachers wore some sort of heel

The 90s when I would search malls more was 50% heels and 50% hose

Right now I will say 95% flats 5% heels

Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

95% flats....that's horrible.
For me it's just the opposite because I don't care for shoeplay in flats, so I don't seek it out and also i just don't think women shoeplay in flats because they are technically..."comfortable"
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

Side note, though: of the women wearing heels, how many could actually play with them without undoing a buckle or zipper? So many heels now are strappy or boots/booties, where at least flats don't have any way of staying put.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

True, because everything now is ankle boots
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

Mr. Mike wrote:True, because everything now is ankle boots
The complaint of the decade, perhaps. I have to admit that, at long last, I can find some boots attractive. But they're also Public Enemy No. 1 when it comes to shoeplay. Then you go to a big-box shoe store and they have a seasonal section for women that rotates between millions of pairs of sandals, and millions of pairs of boots. Back and forth. All or nothing. And with the bulk of them, the "nothing" refers to the shoeplay opportunities within.

(One of the church channels I monitor has featured a bit of that lately, where some of the usual girls in heels have worn ankle boots for a couple weeks. You can't be sure until the camera pans down.)

Twenty years ago, the classic pump still reigned supreme for fashion among professional women. Maybe there'd be a strap or a peep-toe, but the basic pump or court shoe held its own. Younger women gravitated to the heeled loafers that were popular at the tail end of the '90s. Formal occasions like prom would draw out the taller and strappier sandals, and some women preferred a more modern shoe like the heeled t-strapped clogs that left the ankle securely buckled in but the heel exposed. But a lot of footwear options for women (even clogs themselves) were wholly strapless.

Not so anymore. In the fall and winter, it's the complete coverage of riding boots and thigh-high boots and Uggs and ankle boots. In the warmer months, it's strappy sandals, or strappy pumps, or strappy flat shoes like the sandals that leave the sides of the foot completely exposed while not being playable in the least.

Interestingly, I think heel heights have risen at least an inch in all that time, too. Even the younger women were wearing a max of a two-inch heel twenty years ago. The average for a pump was about 1.5-2". My parents called anything much taller "CFM" ("Come F--- Me") shoes, especially if you saw a pair of knee-high boots with a 4" heel. Now a 3" heel seems almost average. One of my old friends used to say she wanted her boyfriends to be at least 4" taller so she could wear heels and still be shorter. Another friend of mine, ever the fashionista, wore a minimum of 4" heels most days, sometimes even taller. And from my cloudy memory, maybe half of those shoes could actually be played with; the rest were secure in place until she loosened the buckles or zippers or whatever kept them there.

The heels are higher, and yet the shoes are impossible to take off with any level of discretion.

Maybe that's why we see so much more flat shoeplay now; they're the only shoes a restless girl can actually take off without making a scene.
Dangling Fan

Post by Dangling Fan »

It's certainly 95% flats. Paradigm88 is absolutely right! Unfortunately nowadays the pumps have been exiled from the casual wardrobe of women and the fashion Nazis are trying to ban ballerinas as well but thank God women still wear ballerinas probably because they are comfortable and stylish. I certainly prefare to see shoeplay with pumps but ballerinas are all we have now and we should be thankful for that!
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

I wouldn't say pumps have been exiled so much as they've just fallen out of fashion, which means they could make a comeback someday.

My perspective may be a bit skewed because I live in a colder part of the country. From about late September to early April, boots are by far the more functional option, because they're warm. By December, with the threat of snow until March (or April, depending on Mother Nature's sense of humor) and ice/slush/salt on the ground, boots are the de facto shoe option for all women. It's just a question of more fashionable boots (for a nice dinner out) or something more utilitarian. My wife wears boots to work every day in the winter, and changes into her flats when she gets there. Oh, to be a fly under her desk in the morning.

I check out shoe-store web sites to find if there are any cute options my wife should try on, and the basic strapless slip-on/off pump is out there, but dwarfed by the options in the strappy department. Mary Janes, T-straps, gladiator sandals turned into heels...the options are countless, and that's where the style has shifted. Fashion runs in cycles and maybe, just maybe, women will tire of having to buckle, zip and otherwise secure their shoes every time they get dressed.

The same style changes have affected flats, too. When my wife and I started dating, patterned fabric flats were popular. You'd see flats in menswear patterns like tweed or houndstooth, argyle, floral patterns, animal print, all sorts of different colors and textures. For the last few years, it seems like even the color options have decreased. You used to be able to buy certain flats in any color of the rainbow. Now it's black, brown, maybe silver, maybe a red or blue. There are options, but not the same cornucopia of selection as there once was. My wife's been trying to match a particular gold that she used to have and it's been a struggle to find something in that goldtone. It's not in style now.

And maybe I'm wrong, and maybe that stuff doesn't come back into style, either. I was perplexed by these thong sandals that strap around the ankle and have one strap coming down to the toes, basically revealing the woman's whole foot. But maybe it's easier and more comfortable to walk in something that you know isn't going to risk falling off. That's why I don't wear penny loafers or dress boots.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I agree with Paradigm women still wear heels its just the 30 and up crowd who mostly wear them and this is usually from October to March then heels will return in warmer months that's based on where I live
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

I wouldn't necessarily say it's as young as the 30-and-up crowd either, and that's partly due to the type of entertainment we seek.

To put it in perspective: A few years back I took my wife (then, girlfriend) to a relatively fancy restaurant for her birthday. Fancy typically translates to expensive, which necessitates a level of wardrobe class. Among the other folks waiting for a table were mostly couples tens of years older than us, closer to my parents' ages than mine. And accordingly, they were dressed up, the men in blazers and ties, the women in nice dresses and heels.

But we're not wealthy, we don't live in image-conscious LA or anything, so that's not normally what we do. We go to casual restaurants, and so if we go out with our friends, rarely are we dressed up more than we would usually be. My usual weekend attire is a sweater or buttoned shirt (tucked in) with nice jeans. That'll get me into even the nicer low-key restaurants most nights.

I'd love to change it up here and there, and do one of those fancy nights where my friend and I throw on blazers and our wives break out the heels, but it's not where we usually go, and it's not where we can always afford to go, either. We CAN do fancy. Just more often than not, we don't take the opportunity for a number of reasons.

It's like hosting friends for fancy dinner parties. People used to do it, years ago. Now, the gatherings are much more relaxed and casual. (And it sort of makes sense; if we're avoiding the pomp and circumstance by staying in, who's going to dress up for a board-game night?)

The fashion style we like is part of a lifestyle that exists in a smaller and smaller scale. Casual has won out, partly because it's more comfortable, but also because it's far more practical.

(Of course, if we lived in Manhattan as socialites, I could probably tell a totally different tale.)