How TrishTales Got Me Into Shoeplay Fiction

Write here your dreams, your stories, your experiences of footsie or other situations where a foot had been used to seduce

Moderator: Moderators

JackFrawst

How TrishTales Got Me Into Shoeplay Fiction

Post by JackFrawst »

This question is more geared towards the fiction contributors to this forum like yours truly. What would you guys say inspired you to go from watching, reading, obsessing, or what have you about foot encounters to writing about them?

For me, it was stumbling on forums like this one and LAH.com back in the mid-2000s, and dedicated story pages like TrishTales. Written by Kinja, an avid contributor of LAH.com, TrishTales followed the adventures of its titular character, avid shoeplayer and shoe-loser Trisha Kendrick, throughout college and out into the working world. The stories involved her losing a shoe somewhere somehow in some humorous fashion(and not always getting it back :mrgreen: ).

Trisha wasn't the sole (get it?) inspiration for my Two Stephanies Stories; in fact, there were parts of her personality that run completely opposite to my main character Steffy. For example, although both women work in banks and love playing with their shoes, Trisha loathes wearing nylons because it makes keeping her shoes on more difficult whereas Steffy loves wearing nylons for that very same reason. In addition, Steffy is more disciplined when it comes to keeping track of her shoes; she rarely ever loses them and never for very long. Furthermore, Steffy is more flirtatious with her shoeplay; she not only does it because she likes it but because she knows men and some women(more than whom would care to admit it) like it too, but Trisha on the other hand is for the most part oblivious to the attention her shoeplay and shoe loss garners. Trisha has many pairs of shoes (mostly mules and clogs) while Steffy's has many pairs of nylons (mostly pantyhose and tights). Lastly, Trisha is a little shy and reserved--and straight--but Steffy is a lesbian and more extroverted.

In part, you could say, my Two Stephanies stories take place in a parallel universe to The TrishTales universe--same Earth, different scenarios. I'd like to know what you guys think about this, so drop me a reply with your own theories.

paradigm88

Re: How TrishTales Got Me Into Shoeplay Fiction

Post by paradigm88 »

It's been a long time since I thought about TrishTales. But there were TrishTales, and there were so many other erotic fiction writers scattered over message boards and GeoCities sites and whatnot, that had their own takes on what we find so fetching.

Another one from that era specialized in what he called "cheesecake" stories. The main character was forever caught up in embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions; a shoe strap or garter would break, or she'd get a run, or her slip would slide down, or wind would catch her dress and blow it over her head. Another great source was the former Shecky's Illusion Archive; they hosted stories about performance magic tricks, and naturally a lot of tricks involved getting an assistant to take off her shoes. (When you cut the girl in half, tickling her foot shows that her feet can still feel, after all.)

I've always liked writing and storytelling. I was probably 15-16 when I started writing foot-related fiction. So whether Kinja's stories or others directly influenced me out of the gate, it's hard to say. They certainly did over time. The office/workplace scenarios play best because, well, what other reason is there for a woman to wear nylons and fancy, if impractical, shoes? And in college, real stories to base my fiction on were few and far between.
Hamilton

Post by Hamilton »

Reading the Trish Tales inspired me to start writing years ago. I wrote the Maggie stories and posted them on LAH. I'm glad the Trish Tales inspired other writers too.

Ham, JJack, Jack "Who cares?"
Ibns

Post by Ibns »

I recently went diving and was able to salvage all of the main stories along with the corresponding shoes that Trisha wore through the series (Kinja was a very thorough writer in this regard). The last story, however, does contain an epilogue that rushes through a couple years' worth of story material. I'm sure any enterprising writers may be able to fill in those particualr gaps, if one is able to put themselves back into 2002 era American South.

Of course, if Kinja is still active (A few of his stories have surfaced on the Stole Her Shoe website, presumeably by himself) you may wish to seek his permission first.
HeroOfKvatch

Post by HeroOfKvatch »

I believe my first ones were the Maria stories by Snowman. At the time, I was not much of a writer and simply replaced the characters with characters from shows I watched in a WordDoc.

That drive to modify eventually evolved into the drive to edit, then to write. My first story was a continuation of one of the stories. Only relatively recently have I begun creating wholly original stories, though not to say anything of the heavy inspiration I took.

Doubling on, the dynamic between Maria and Sarah is likely what made me choose to have female-only stories.
All My Stories
Email catrotcake@gmail.com if interested in commissioning me.
Ibns

Post by Ibns »

Speak of the devil, Kinja has reappeared with his first Trishtale since 2008: https://stolehershoe.wordpress.com/2022 ... -or-curse/
DervDimension

Post by DervDimension »

LAH is wear I started writing my stories (first as Lavos and then as Mandrake). I was inspired by Nom's small change, libtick and JTheQuill. I also read Kinja's and Snowman's stories although didn't discover them until I had already started writing.