Steps To Awareness: Part 2 (Fiction)

Write here your dreams, your stories, your experiences of footsie or other situations where a foot had been used to seduce

Moderator: Moderators

paradigm88

Steps To Awareness: Part 2 (Fiction)

Post by paradigm88 »

Well, Part 2 was looking a bit long...so I went ahead and split it into two parts of its own. On a Saturday off from work, Mallory's education continues, as she tries out a new pair of shoes...

-----

The next morning, Mallory woke well before her alarm would have gone off, even though she had Saturday off this week. She still had the night before on her mind, and as soon as she crawled out of bed, she felt excited about the new day ahead. Part of it was the previous night’s conversation with the other tellers. Part of it was the fact that she had spent over a hundred dollars on new shoes after she left work.

And part of it was the feeling she had while traipsing around the bank in her socks. It was an odd combination of freedom and rebellion. Even at twenty-two, even living on her own, Mallory always felt like she was under the thumb of her parents. What would they think about her decisions? What would they say? Even on their occasional phone calls, they would question some element of Mallory’s decision-making. While most young people defined rebellion with things like alcohol, tattoos, and questionable dating partners, Mallory was content to define her own “rebellionâ€￾ in terms of finding a good job and dating people at her own pace. At last, Mallory felt like she could be whoever she wanted to be.

And this day, Mallory Mandelson was a blonde girl in a one-piece short-sleeved dress made of white fabric with slate-blue pinstripes. It was a conservative dress that would fit a kindergarten teacher, and so it was perfect for Mallory. The dress was hemmed at her knees, and Mallory had learned that if she spun around, it would flare out adorably, so she opted for a slip underneath in case she felt so inclined.

Under her dress, Mallory had decided on nude nylons with reinforced toes that conveniently hid her unpainted toenails. Sometimes in the summer, she would wear nylons that gave her legs a tanned look, but more often, she preferred the more natural pale look that matched her light skintone. Even as she wanted to stray from the boring conventions of her conservative parents, Mallory was content to wear hosiery. There was something she loved about the feel of nylons or tights against her legs, around her feet, and inside her shoes. She had occasionally given into bare legs on a warm summer day, but she felt like there was something missing. Tights made her feel complete.

Normally, Mallory would wear her black flats, but now she had some new options to add to her closet. The bank had left her feeling inspired, and six new pairs of shoes later, she had started to feel excited about dressing up. The black flats would wait for another day to leave her apartment.

Mallory opened one shoebox from the night before and smiled. Inside sat a pair of shiny red patent flats. Sarah’s lovely cheetah flats were nowhere to be found on the shelves at Payless, but these seemed just as improbable and every bit as fun. They were red and shiny. There was a strap just over her toes, giving the look of a Mary Jane but still allowing her to slip her feet in and out. They were flat and comfy. And most importantly, they were red and shiny. Mallory took the red flats out of the box and slipped them on. Almost instantly, she felt inspired, tiptoeing to the mirror and twirling in the mirror to see her own reflection. For years, her boring and basic black flats had been her wardrobe’s answer to most outfits. Her red shoes felt exciting and sexy. She felt like she were wearing Dorothy’s ruby slippers.

Mallory slipped her red shoes off by the door as she finished up some chores around the house. She never wore shoes in her own apartment; they were meant to be worn outdoors. After the night before, though, she found herself rethinking that. She had never especially loved wearing shoes, and walking around the bank in socks had felt so inappropriate at first. She had felt so self-conscious, and then she saw Katerina at ease in her nylon feet walking through the bank. She remembered how comfortable Sarah had been in bare feet for that hour behind the counter. Maybe that was part of being Mallory Mandelson, too.

Finally, Mallory grabbed a red sweater and slipped her shiny red shoes back on, and drove downtown to the coffee shop. She tried to make it a point every Saturday to spend a couple hours at the coffee shop, reading or writing or otherwise relaxing. She found when she plopped herself in a big comfy chair at the coffee shop, it felt like an escape, moreso than when she tried to do so from her couch. Mallory ordered a large hot chocolate with whipped cream and found herself a plush chair to cuddle in.

Mallory took a book from her tote bag and started reading, sitting back against the arm of the chair. She would often dangle her legs from the opposing arm of the chair, but her dress was too short for that, so she crossed her feet at her ankles, bouncing them a bit as she read. After a few minutes, though, she noticed a familiar ache in her right foot. For some reason, Mallory always found that her right shoe felt tight against her toes. Usually it was a minor nuisance at best, but the shiny red shoes were brand new, and her toes felt the slightest bit constrained inside. Mallory bounced her foot a bit more to distract herself as she turned a page.

Mallory made it through a chapter of her book, but in that time the tiny ache had become a little cramp. Mallory uncrossed her ankles, shifted to the edge of the chair so she could reach the floor, and set her right foot flat on the floor, pushing down on her toes. Almost unexpectedly, her heel popped from her shiny shoe. Feeling daring, Mallory slipped her pale stockinged foot from her shoe and crossed it over her other dangling foot. She looked down as she stretched and curled her toes. The cramp was still there, but as she curled her toes, her foot felt much better. Mallory took a sip of hot chocolate and continued reading.

A few chapters into her book, Mallory felt a bit warm. The hot chocolate was doing its job, apparently. She decided to stand up to take her sweater off. She uncrossed her legs and lowered her feet to the floor, feeling plush carpet under her right foot. The sensation caught her off-guard, and she remembered she had taken one of her shoes off. She balanced on her left foot, keeping her stockinged right foot crossed behind her ankle, as she removed her red sweater and draped it over the arm of the chair. She then folded her right leg under herself, sitting on her naked nylon foot as she settled back into the chair. Her left hand found her small foot under her thigh and started rubbing her toes as she steadied her book with her right hand.

Mallory kept reading and massaging her foot until her hot chocolate was empty. She set the empty cup on the floor and read for a few more minutes. At one point, she felt the heel of her swaying left leg tap the empty cup, and decided to throw it away. She unfolded her right leg and stood up, feeling her toes press into the carpet. It was only a few steps to the trash can, so she walked over, tossed the empty cup away, and returned to the chair. With only one shoe on, she could feel the textures of the carpet and tile under her foot, and it felt a bit forbidden, a bit daring. Women were not supposed to go shoeless in public, her mother had reminded her. It was usually an admonition after she had caught young Mallory taking her shoes off in church. Mallory still had the habit of slipping her shoes off, but rarely would she dare doing so when she could be caught. There was no one to catch her here, though, she thought as she sat back down and folded her shoeless right leg under her on the couch.

Comfortably nestled in her chair, Mallory buried her nose in her book for a while longer. She was tempted by the thought of another cup of hot chocolate, but it would spoil her appetite for her lunch date with Sarah, and it would require her to put her shoe back on to traverse the tile floor. Instead, she kept returning to reading and rubbing her toes with her free hand. She finished her book just as her cell phone buzzed with a text message. Mallory knew only one person would be texting her; Sarah had told her she would text when she was leaving work.

Mallory set her book down on the floor and sat up to unfold her right leg. Her foot had gone numb, and her toes tingled as she eased them into her shoe. She wiggled her toes to wake them up as she packed her book away into the tote bag. Her foot still tingled, so she slipped her shoe off and rubbed her foot against the carpet. After a minute her foot felt better, and she slipped the shoe back on.

Mallory grabbed her sweater and her tote bag and purse, and dropped her cell phone in her purse as she left the coffee shop. The sandwich shop where she was meeting Sarah was only a few doors away, and she could see Sarah was already waiting outside. It had been a quiet day at the bank, Mallory guessed. She hurried to the door, stopping to extend one of her feet forward. “What do you think?â€￾ she asked. “Red!â€￾

“Those are wicked cute,â€￾ Sarah said. “Love them! Do you like mine?â€￾

Sarah was wearing a green sweater and a black skirt with black tights and black-and-white zebra-print wedges. Having grown up in a world of solid colors, stripes and simple floral patterns, Mallory was always amused by how effortlessly Sarah could take a pattern and work it into her work wardrobe. “Those are cute,â€￾ Mallory said. “You’re really not afraid of exciting shoes.â€￾

“Why should I be? They’re in fashion!â€￾ Sarah opened the door and walked in with Mallory. “And even if they’re not, the world can deal.â€￾

Mallory and Sarah picked out a table and sat down by the window. “That’s a really cute dress, too,â€￾ Sarah added as they ordered their drinks.

“Thanks,â€￾ Mallory said. “It makes me feel like a kindergarten teacher for some reason.â€￾

Sarah smiled. “Sort of like that,â€￾ she said. “Much better than the black pants and old flats like you wear to work.â€￾

“Hey, I like my old flats!â€￾ Mallory said, laughing.

“You didn’t last night,â€￾ Sarah retorted, grinning.

“I didn’t like any shoes last night,â€￾ Mallory said. The thought of traipsing about the bank without her shoes made Mallory aware of her right shoe again. It was not so much that the shoe fit tightly, but that there was a shoe at all. Mallory arched her shoe and felt her heel pop loose, and instantly felt more at ease as she slid her toes back against the smooth insole.

“Red shoes are life-changing, I’m not gonna lie,â€￾ Sarah said.

“Really?â€￾

“It’s just a confidence thing,â€￾ Sarah said. “Today it’s red shoes. Tomorrow it might be a short skirt. It’s much more twenty-two than thirty-two.â€￾

“I did feel sexy when I put the red shoes on,â€￾ Mallory said.

“And that changes how you carry yourself, how you react when a guy looks in your direction,â€￾ Sarah said. “If I wear sneakers, I feel frumpy and unattractive. But if I’m meeting the boyfriend in heels?â€￾

“You feel taller?â€￾ Mallory said, smiling.

Sarah laughed. “No, I feel sexier, and more in control.â€￾

“In control?â€￾ Mallory slipped her foot out of her right shoe, stretched her toes, and slipped it back in.

“You know how sometimes when you wear heels, you get that lovely clicky sound when you walk?â€￾

Mallory nodded. She rarely wore heels, but she knew of the click from working around Katerina at the bank. Late at night, it would echo through the empty bank as Katerina strutted from one end of the bank to the other.

“When I wear clicky heels, I feel like every guy in the room is watching me. Lots of them are. And it’s all because of the click. That’s control.â€￾

“Guys like the click?â€￾ Mallory asked. She remembered Katerina complaining about her clicking heels one night.

“Guys love the click,â€￾ Sarah said. “The click means sexy shoes, which usually means a sexy outfit, which usually means a sexy girl. They have to look.â€￾

“Does your boyfriend like the click?â€￾

“Not really,â€￾ Sarah said. “But my ex did. I loved to make clicks under the table because he couldn’t look and it drove him crazy.â€￾

“Is that when you take your shoe off at dinner?â€￾

“Usually,â€￾ Sarah said. “I try to be as noisy about it as I can. It drove him crazy when he could hear me playing with my shoes but he couldn’t look.â€￾

“And then you rub his ankle?â€￾

“Sometimes,â€￾ Sarah said, smiling. “Sometimes not. I’m an awful girlfriend.â€￾

Mallory wiggled her right foot from her flat again, this time spreading her toes against the back of her left ankle. “I never realized guys were so into the clicky noises,â€￾ she said. “I thought it annoyed most people.â€￾

“It depends,â€￾ Sarah said. “My last boyfriend loved it. My current boyfriend couldn’t care less. It’s like playing footsie. Some guys just melt for it.â€￾

Mallory had always heard of footsie. She imagined two people sitting at a table, randomly bumping their feet together, sort of like when she would sit across from her older brother and he would kick her under the table to invade her space on purpose. “How do you play footsie?â€￾ Mallory asked, leaning forward. “I’m intrigued.â€￾

“Well, I usually start by nudging his foot with mine,â€￾ Sarah said. “If he nudges back, then I know he wants to play.â€￾

Mallory uncrossed her right foot, slipping her toes into her shoe again, but then she felt her shoe move under her foot. “And then you take your shoe off?â€￾

“Sometimes,â€￾ Sarah said. “If I’m wearing strappy shoes, I have to unbuckle one of them, but sometimes that takes planning. It’s more sexy if he doesn’t notice.â€￾

Mallory’s shoe slid a bit more, spinning to the side underneath her toes. She tried to adjust it, but as she did, she felt fabric under her arch that she did not recognize. She ran her toes over the fabric, and felt a dip in the fabric where it changed to a soft, silky texture. She pulled her toes away, but curiously slid her foot forward, looking for the unfamiliar feeling.

Sarah continued, “But yeah, when he nudges back, then I’ll slip my shoe off. Usually just one at first.â€￾

Mallory found the foreign fabric. It was styled in a point, and her mind she knew what it was, but it was confirmed when she felt it lighten, shifting on the floor. Her toes found the edge of the fabric. It was a shoe, and as she curled her toes over the edge of the fabric, she was sure it was empty. Sarah’s shoes must have grown too uncomfortable.

“And then you just rub his ankle?â€￾

“Well, I like to let him find my shoe first,â€￾ Sarah said. “He’ll stretch out his legs and feel the empty shoe under the table, and then I watch his expression. I try to keep conversation going, just because it’s more fun when it’s unexpected. Sometimes I’ll take the other shoe off too, so he finds both of them.â€￾

“So you drag it out, then,â€￾ Mallory said. She kept her toes resting on Sarah’s empty shoe. She wanted to try the shoe on, but she was afraid Sarah would catch her playing with her shoe.

“Definitely,â€￾ Sarah said. “It’s partly the suspense.â€￾

“I’ve never been very good at flirting,â€￾ Mallory said, laughing.

“It takes time,â€￾ Sarah said. “Plus, not all guys like footsie. I think a lot do, but they may not realize it.â€￾

“So what do you do if a guy doesn’t like it?â€￾ Mallory asked. She stretched her other leg out, keeping her heel to the floor. She wanted to take her other shoe off too, but she told herself that one was enough.

“I’ll try something else,â€￾ Sarah said. “Maybe with him, footsie is just for me.â€￾

“See, all this is new to me,â€￾ Mallory said. “It’s like there’s a whole dating world I never knew the rules for.â€￾

“We never know all the rules,â€￾ Sarah said. “Most of them, we figure out as we go.â€￾

Mallory thought that was an interesting point. She leaned forward to speak when she suddenly felt something soft against the top of her right foot. It was silky and glided up the top of her foot to her ankle, rubbed at her ankle, then traced back to the arch of her foot, wiggling a bit against her sole. Mallory gasped. The new feeling did the same thing again, rubbing her foot up to her ankle, then back down to her arch and sole. This time, Mallory curled her toes down, feeling the sensation for herself. She felt something silky and soft, with little bumps at the end. She looked up across the table at Sarah, who simply smiled.

Just then, a waiter appeared at the table to take their orders. Sarah calmly ordered her sandwich. The waiter turned to ask Mallory what she wanted, but as he did, Mallory felt Sarah’s toes glide up and down her arch. Sarah coolly sipped her drink across the table. “Um, a turkey sandwich please?â€￾ Mallory managed. “And no mayo, please.â€￾ The waiter dashed off to fill the order.

Mallory was speechless. She felt Sarah’s foot slowly and gently circle her own, rubbing up to her ankle and then sliding back to rub her instep. Mallory pointed her toes, rubbing them on Sarah’s arched foot. Sarah smiled a bit wider as she brushed her toes against Mallory’s and pulled her foot away. Under the table, Mallory heard a soft thump. This time, Sarah grinned as Mallory felt two silky feet wrap around her left ankle, the toes gripping the heel of her remaining shoe. “Let’s get that shoe off, Mal,â€￾ Sarah whispered.

Mallory was so confused. Was Sarah flirting with her? Had she done this before? What about her boyfriend? But all the questions could not deny that what was going on under the table was new, exciting, and sort of thrilling. Mallory felt Sarah’s toes slide under the arch of her left foot, trying to wiggle into the sides of her shoe. Mallory had wanted to keep that shoe on for propriety’s sake, but she arched her foot, and felt Sarah’s toes glide under her arch, popping her silky heel from the shoe. She felt the instep strap of her Mary Jane slide down her toes, briefly catching on her toenail before slipping off entirely with a soft thump on the tile floor below. Mallory’s foot felt light, and she felt Sarah cup her foot in her own arches, rubbing her own silky feet against Mallory’s. It was completely unexpected, and it felt a bit risqué, inappropriate even. But it did feel good.

“It was a long morning,â€￾ Sarah said. “I couldn’t wait to take my shoes off.â€￾

Mallory felt both of Sarah’s feet against her left foot, as she rested her shoeless right foot on her empty shoe. As Sarah rubbed Mallory’s foot, she squeezed her feet together against the ball of Mallory’s foot. With each squeeze, Mallory’s toes curled. Her right foot felt lonely, and she wished she could tell Sarah to switch feet. “I haven’t worn shoes much at all this morning,â€￾ she said.

“It was too busy at the bank,â€￾ Sarah said. “Hopefully tomorrow won’t be so busy.â€￾

“Well, I’ll be there,â€￾ Mallory said. “I think we’re on tomorrow alone.â€￾

“Yeah, just the two of us,â€￾ Sarah said.

Sarah’s feet continued to rub Mallory’s left foot, and Mallory finally nudged away her right shoe. She raised her right foot, finding Sarah’s left foot, and began rubbing her toes around Sarah’s ankle. Sarah’s tights were silky under her toes. Sarah smiled. “Now you’ve got it,â€￾ Sarah said.

Mallory rubbed her toes up and down Sarah’s instep, feeling Sarah curl her toes up into hers as she rubbed downward. “I do?â€￾ she asked. “I’ve never done this before.â€￾

“I know,â€￾ Sarah said. “Just think how you’d want someone to play with your feet, then do that.â€￾

Sarah’s arches cupped Mallory’s right foot and stroked back and forth. Mallory was entranced. The sensation of Sarah’s silky feet against her own soft feet was something she had never imagined before, and it was amazing. Of course, she had never imagined playing with someone’s feet under the table, and it surely would not have been another woman. Mallory’s left foot was free, and she began rubbing Sarah’s right ankle, up and down, wrapping around her calf with her toes. “Ooh!â€￾ Sarah exclaimed.

Mallory withdrew her foot. “Is that okay?â€￾ she asked.

“Oh, yes,â€￾ Sarah said. “I just had a little cramp there earlier, and that felt really nice.â€￾

Mallory continued rubbing Sarah’s ankle, as Sarah’s feet glided up and down the arch of her own right foot. Sarah’s toes caught Mallory’s mid-stroke, and she wrapped her feet around Mallory’s left foot, cupping her foot just like she had with her right. Mallory stretched and wiggled her right toes, then started rubbing her right foot along the back of Sarah’s left calf. Above the table, Sarah smiled.

“Is this…â€￾ Mallory started to ask, then changed her question. “Are we supposed to be playing with our feet?â€￾

“Why not?â€￾ Sarah asked, her feet kneading at Mallory’s left ankle.

“Well, isn’t that something a man and a woman do?â€￾

“Maybe, but we do it better,â€￾ Sarah said, gliding her toes over Mallory’s right ankle now. “We know what we want.â€￾

“You do, maybe,â€￾ Mallory said, laughing nervously. Sarah was rubbing her arches against Mallory’s toes now. Mallory found the feeling of Sarah’s stockinged feet against her own nylons to be exhilarating. Mallory wrapped her toes around Sarah’s feet, rubbing her toes with her own arches as Sarah had done to her.

“You’re doing great yourself,â€￾ Sarah said. “You’re following my lead. And you’re gentle.â€￾

Mallory blushed. The whole thing seemed unreal. “But I’ve never done this before,â€￾ she said again.

“It’s okay, you’re doing great,â€￾ Sarah said. “Now I wish we could have done this last night.â€￾

“At work?â€￾ Mallory asked as she rubbed her arches against Sarah’s left ankle.

“Hell yes!â€￾ Sarah said. Mallory felt her right foot gliding against her own ankle as she rubbed Sarah’s leg. “I think we should just share shoes tomorrow.â€￾

“Share shoes?â€￾

“Sure,â€￾ Sarah said. “We’ll bring one pair of shoes, but only one of us can wear them, when we have to. The rest of the time, we don’t wear shoes.â€￾

Mallory smiled. Sarah was always a bit more daring. This, though, sounded fun.

Mallory and Sarah got their sandwiches, and even as they ate, Mallory felt Sarah playing with her feet under the table. “So your boyfriend won’t play footsie with you?â€￾ Mallory asked.

“He won’t,â€￾ Sarah said wistfully. “He doesn’t even care. I could rub my feet all over him for an hour and he won’t even notice. He just wants me to go to bed with him. I need a little more than that.â€￾

Mallory felt Sarah’s silky toes kneading her ankles and arches, and wondered how any boy could ignore it. “But your last boyfriend did.â€￾

“He did,â€￾ Sarah said with a sigh. “When we went to dinner, he’d always help me take one of my shoes off. I love that.â€￾ Sarah sat up, but her feet continued to rub Mallory’s feet under the table. “That’s what we should do,â€￾ she said.â€￾

“What?â€￾ Mallory asked, as she started rubbing Sarah’s foot with her toes.

“We should double-date for boys who like to play footsie,â€￾ Sarah said.

“But you have a boyfriend.â€￾

“Barely,â€￾ Sarah said. “I wouldn’t mind having a new boy. Especially if he’d play footsie with us.â€￾

Mallory imagined sitting at the dinner table with Sarah, both girls working their feet over the boys at the other side of the table. It seemed so naughty, and yet it sounded so fun. Maybe it was inappropriate for the girl with the worn-out black flats, but for the girl with the shiny red shoes, maybe it would be a little more in character.

“And if they don’t play footsie, well, we’d have each other,â€￾ Sarah added.

Mallory laughed. “Why don’t we just date each other then?â€￾ she asked. The words surprised her. It was hardly a serious thought.

“We could,â€￾ Sarah said. “But I’d still need a boy in my life.â€￾

As the girls finished lunch, Mallory and Sarah’s feet returned to their own side of the table. Mallory’s toes rubbed the edge of her flats. “Sarah, I don’t want to put my shoes on,â€￾ she said shyly.

“Me either,â€￾ Sarah said. “This happens a lot to me.â€￾

“Yesterday, I would have put them on anyway,â€￾ Mallory said. “But today I feel like I could walk outside barefoot.â€￾

“You’re wearing really sheer nylons, though,â€￾ Sarah said. “They might run pretty easily.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ Mallory said, still tracing the sides of her flats with her toes. “I can always take them off later, though.â€￾

“That’s the spirit,â€￾ Sarah said. “Let’s go outside.â€￾

-----

As always, comments are welcome!

MM12

Post by MM12 »

It's good so far. Thanks!
thieph

Post by thieph »

This is great, please keep it going.