I'm back!

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

nyllover
Admin
Admin

I'm back!

Post by nyllover »

ENG
Ok... i'm back from holidays! I have to say, i had a really great time (if i don't think of the bloody hot weather... always over 35°C) 8) !
I won't be able to update the site today but i will for sure do it in the next weekend.
Just one thing... i received an email from the HITWgang site... in a few words, they are upset about the Kimberly video. They are asking me to remove that video from this site, i'll see if i can manage to maintain it online, otherwise i will have to remove it on the next update... I can understand of course why they are mad, but i will try to see if it could be ok to leave maybe the original version of the video on this site... well, i'll see what i can do, for sure i don't want to upset anyone, and especially not a great site like that!
Just for your curiosity, here's the email they sent me, we are a community so i think that you also have to read it. By the way, i agree with them on almost everything they say.
Here it is
Hello!

I have received some complaints that you are apparently hosting an MPEG Rayden made from the film "Kimberly" on your website. Furthermore, you have
edited the clip so that neither "Rayden," who worked hard to create it so people could see it, nor the HITWGang.com formatting and URL that also appears on
all our video files can be seen, so that no one knows that that is where the clip originally came from.
Beyond that, you have put your own name on the clip so that you can take credit for it's existance.

I'm sorry, but we cannot allow that kind of misappropriation to continue. Please remove the "Kimberly" clip from you site ASAP, as well as any other files you have taken from HITWGang.com.

I hope that this does not need to get ugly. Perhaps if you comply without issue we might collaborate somehow in the future.

Kind regards,
M
That's all for now... i missed you guys! :D

ITA
Eccomi qua! Sono tornato! Devo dire che ho passato delle belle vacanze... se non penso al caldo soffocante...
Comunque, poco da dire... solo che gli aggiornamenti riprenderanno la prossima settimana e che forse dovro' cancellare dal sito il video Kimberly, visto che il sito HITWgang si è un attimo arrabbiato... potete leggere la mail di sopra. Sono d'accordo con loro, ma spero di riuscire a mantenere il video online in qualche modo.
Tutto qua per adesso.... mi siete mancati ragazzi! :D

Feeture Feature

[ENG] Welcome back

Post by Feeture Feature »

Nice to hear you had a good vacation. I look forward to site updates. As for the HITW Gang e-mail, I wonder how they know where the video came from. After all, they did not make the movie which was shown in theaters so they do not own the copyright. The only claim they can make is to the appearance of the clip on their site. Generally I would agree that people should not take clips and images from other sites but this is not a case of an original photograph or work. Making a clip from a movie is the same as making a typed copy of a book page. The original producers of the theatrical movie have the rights and HITW Gang does not seem to care about that in posting their clips. Although I know they have a disclaimer that they will remove the clips if asked to do so by the copyright holders.

I do think they have a great site but are somewhat hypocritical on this issue.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I know Feeture, it's true what you say. A while ago i joined a big discussion on an italian webmasters forum about it. The point is that yes, they don't have the copyright, but it is also true that they worked hard to make that video (we both know that produce something with that quality, is not easy) and so they own sort of "right of thanks", if i can say it.
That's why i hope they agree on me putting the original version of the clip on my site. Let's see. I will keep you all informed about replies from them of course.
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Welcome back Boss!

Glad to hear that you didn't melt. Too bad you had to come back to an email like that. Oh well I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

Anyway, good to know you're safe and rested up.

DP
bull_red

Post by bull_red »

Welcome back man ... ehy just a curiosity, did you get to Florence too ?
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Florence? yes of course...i went there for 5 days and was able to see almost all of the beautiful places there 8) Lucky enough, i have a house on the hills just 30Km far from Florence, and that's where i spent all these holidays :D

Ah...to keep you all informed, here's my answer to the HITWgang:
Hello!

First of all, i have to apologize of course. I know that is bad to edit videos and put them on other sites, but i did it just for two reasons: the first one is to put give all the
videos that are on my site a "common style" (with email address on top), so that people can refer to me to know where i got them from, and the second reason is
because i always work more on those videos (recompress, and change contrast or things like that). Anyway, i am not one of those people who steal things from other
sites, and i am a correct person: i guess Feeture (i think you know him) can confirm it.
By the way, i am going to ask you something: would it be possible for me to don't delete that video from my site if i could put there the original one? I mean the one with
all the credits to HITW? In this way you would not loose anything (in fact you would also get some more, if possible, views) and my visitors would not loose anything
too.

I will wait for your answer, only thing i have to tell you, is that it will be impossible for me to remove that video before next weekend, when i will work again on my site.

I really didn't mean to do anything bad (you can check on my links page to see the comment i put to your site) but i apologize again.

Best regards
M.
Still didn't get any answer....i'll go on keeping you all informed of course :wink:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Looks good. Please let us know what happens.

Florence eh? Great city, I also know a great Chinese restaurant there! haha.
Footsiefreak

Welcome Back Nylover

Post by Footsiefreak »

Its glad to have you back sir I cant wait for the goodies you have in store for us :P
bull_red

Post by bull_red »

nyllover wrote: i have a house on the hills just 30Km far from Florence, and that's where i spent all these holidays :D

:

Do you own an house or you just rented it, i am in Florence and i could know the area around :). Just curiosity.
bull_red

Post by bull_red »

Dead Parrot wrote:Looks good. Please let us know what happens.

Florence eh? Great city, I also know a great Chinese restaurant there! haha.
Cool man ! Which one if you know the name ... i know 3 ... maybe 4.