Da Bears in the Super Bowl

Do i need to explain this one to you? :-)

Moderator: Moderators

hiker
Mod
Mod

Da Bears in the Super Bowl

Post by hiker »

I had to take down my Cubs avatar for my other favorite team... Da Bears. Not to worry though, the Cubs avatar will be back in April for opening day.

A quick joke...

Q- How do you stop a Colts fan from jacking off?
A-You paint his cock blue and orange... you can't beat that!

Stop!!! My side is hurting!!!

Ok, enough.

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

josef.garfield

Post by josef.garfield »

And here the sport news from monday morning:

Bears - Colts 21:35
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

LOL, DP... You gotta love the superfans. If you've ever been to Soldier Field for a Bears game, you'll see that about 50% of the fans actually look, act, and talk like the superfans from SNL.
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

josef.garfield wrote:And here the sport news from monday morning:

Bears - Colts 21:35
That's a pretty bold statement. Giving the colts 14 is getting a little crazy. If you're giving away 14 points, that's a suckers bet. I'll take just about any (reasonable) odds you want on the payout.

Outside of the Patriots game, Manning hasn't showed he can get it done in the playoffs. Additionally, the Bears coverage of the "slot" is the best in the NFL, and that's the area Manning lives by. If the Bears defense can attack the line like they did against Brees and the Saints, Manning is in for a LONG day.

You can say all you want about Grossman, but you can't discount the Bears running game. If the defense plays like it should, Grossman just has to show up. The running game should have no problem penetrating the Colts very small and very weak defensive line (versus the Bears very big and very strong offensive line). The Bears should rush for at least 200 yards... easily.

The media is just running off of Mannings unjustified hype. Provided, he is a great quarterback, but this is the Super Bowl and not any given Sunday. Every expert and their mother picked the Saints over the Bears, and the Bears plowed right though them... and I mean PLOWED. Everyone knows that it's the DEFENSE that wins in the playoffs.
josef.garfield

Post by josef.garfield »

OK hiker. I'm so sorry but I don' understand so much from football like you.

It's not a 35:21 for the Colts - it's only a 29:17. Not 14 points - only 12 points.

I think - there were no chance for the Bears. Great game for Manning. :superlol:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

If the Bears had recorded a new version of The Super Bowl Shuffle they'd have won.

DP
Please note that I am no longer an active board member.

If you need assistance please contact Nyllover.
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

If they had a quarterback that could handle the snap, they might have been fine.

Aside from Grossman, what killed them was Cedric Benson (RB) getting hurt so early in the game. This forced Thomas Jones to shoulder the running game by himself, which wore him down. In turn, the Chicago offense never gave the Chicago defense a chance to rest. The defense was literally exhausted by the game's end.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I feel bad for Grossman alot of people are down on him at least he helped get them to the Super Bowl.This was his first "whole season" playing.So he is going to play like a rookie.Give him a couple of years he will be good.
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

Footsiefreak wrote:This was his first "whole season" playing.So he is going to play like a rookie.
I agree, but you can't discount the fact the had fumbled 5 (yes, 5) snaps over the season. Any professional quarterback should be able to handle the snap. That is equivalent to a professional basketball player dribbling the ball off of his foot 5 times in 16 games.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

You Bears fans are super sensitive when it comes to quarterbacks I know you have had many many I can't remember but Grossman will be a good one. :ooook: