Women’s Attire in the USA is a Sad State of Affairs

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Mike

Women’s Attire in the USA is a Sad State of Affairs

Post by Mr. Mike »

I’ve noticed it since right before The Vid, but it’s getting worse all the time. I was just walking through Nordstrom and Saks 5th Avenue and I would say 7 of 10 women (and I mean women, not the “confused” ones) we wearing some form of ugly tennis shoes with their outfits…What Happened? I get it, men now get to wear “dress sneakers” with suits and it’s acceptable women feel they should be comfortable as well. But man I miss the days when women wanted to and dressed like women. I would loved to have been around in 50s and .60s when they ALWAYS wore heels and nylons. (I got the 80s at least)

Some of you can speak to this but last month when I was in Florence Italy…women still dressed like women. During the day they’d be comfortable, but at night for drinks and dinner…even with cobblestone street they were wearing heels.

It’s got to the point now that if I just hear the click of heels wherever I’m at…I stop in my tracks and look around.

Leopard

Re: Women’s Attire in the USA is a Sad State of Affairs

Post by Leopard »

I feel you! Very sad to not see women around but just this kind strange outfits which makes them un attractive! Funny the point you said that if you heara click of heels you stop.... That what happened to me today.. Was in a coffee place and heard clacks of loose heels.. turned and it was a lady in her 60s.. But still wearing proper heels kind of pointy! I thought look at this lady still rocking...
Mr. Mike wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:48 pm I’ve noticed it since right before The Vid, but it’s getting worse all the time. I was just walking through Nordstrom and Saks 5th Avenue and I would say 7 of 10 women (and I mean women, not the “confused” ones) we wearing some form of ugly tennis shoes with their outfits…What Happened? I get it, men now get to wear “dress sneakers” with suits and it’s acceptable women feel they should be comfortable as well. But man I miss the days when women wanted to and dressed like women. I would loved to have been around in 50s and .60s when they ALWAYS wore heels and nylons. (I got the 80s at least)

Some of you can speak to this but last month when I was in Florence Italy…women still dressed like women. During the day they’d be comfortable, but at night for drinks and dinner…even with cobblestone street they were wearing heels.

It’s got to the point now that if I just hear the click of heels wherever I’m at…I stop in my tracks and look around.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I attended a company luncheon and out of 30 women only one had on a green dress black tights and tan UGGS. She had great legs and she moved her feet . I complimented her on her outfit she said thanks...just wanted to wear holiday colors and she was the second prettiest one there. The rest were in sneakers boots jeans you know the unattractive stuff.

I only seen about three attractive women in hose 2 were Asian but both wearing sneakers and I'm guessing she was Jewish with her headgear she had on blue tights and Birkenstocks

At this point transgenders wear then feminine stuff we love
pumplover

Post by pumplover »

It's really just a commentary on our (American) culture as a whole. People overall are really just more apathetic about actually caring enough to look nice. Work, church, going out, everywhere. It's ridiculous. Modern women's lib has been a big part to blame. "Woman don't need no man", but they still don't even care enough to look good for themselves, even if they're not wanting to attract someone.

All the jobs that I ever had were office jobs, but even then it was too late. Somewhere a woman in HR had gotten ahold of the dress code and all of a sudden you've got everyone dressing like they just went to the grocery store for a 1am milk run, all because they weren't customer facing. Well, I still have to look at them, and it would have been much more pleasant to be around ladies that might have been bitchy and gossipy all day, but at least they'd be dipping.

And you're right Mr.Mike, at least we had the 80s, and the early 90s if I might add.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

Exactly…most dress like a Suburban Soccer Mom and it’s a tragedy
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

pumplover wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:03 am It's really just a commentary on our (American) culture as a whole. People overall are really just more apathetic about actually caring enough to look nice.
This. We notice it more in the gender that attracts us, but mens' fashion has felt stagnant and plenty of men are as apathetic about how they look, unless they're dressing up for an occasion. Even I'm guilty of it.

It doesn't help that an important middle ground for style sort of went away under the pandemic. A few of my regular stores to shop at closed and reinvented themselves post-pandemic, but they didn't really return to their former glory. And so it's business-casual for me, most of the time, unless I really want to spend big on some nicer pieces. I've gone off about this at length in other threads, so I don't want to belabor the issue.

People lead busy, busy lives now, and that gym run gets blended into a stop at the coffee shop, picking up food for the dog and groceries, a run to the department store, and so on...and so people dress for convenience. Athleisure is fashionable now; the gym outfit of 2023 looks a lot different from that of 1995, and there's no stigma about it. And there's a limited return on traipsing about the mall all fancy.

That said, I went to a concert the other night; a lot of people went out of their way to dress up and treat it like a Christmas date night downtown. I was a bit envious; I wish we'd done the same.

I have actually found a lot of allure lately in vintage and retro fashion, as well as Asian street fashion that tends to make a point of being hyper-feminine. At the same time, the latter movement particularly seems to frown upon drawing attention from men because it's "dressing for ourselves, not to attract others." So I'm cautious to even mention it, lest a Googling put us on their radar of unwanted onlookers.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

pumplover wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:03 am People overall are really just more apathetic about actually caring enough to look nice.
Maybe it's just my neck of the woods —and it very well could be— but it seems there is also a newfound (read: since that damn virus) apathy for personal hygiene to go along with this. For the past decade, I've used my van off and on to transport people independently (no Uber, Lyft etc. middleman services) for extra cash. Let's just say post-Pandemic rides compared to 2019 going back, have been....blegh.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I was out Saturday saw about 3 women wearing dresses. The one that caught my eye the most was a cute lady in glasses wearing a red dress black tights and silver flats
Collegetownstudios

Post by Collegetownstudios »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 pm Maybe it's just my neck of the woods —and it very well could be— but it seems there is also a newfound (read: since that damn virus) apathy for personal hygiene to go along with this.
That's depression. Most people caught a serious case of depression due to being isolated and then due to people dying all over the place. I fell into it and it's difficult to even think about washing up some days.

I since found that Vitamin D3 helps get me back on track. I take about 32000 IUs of it daily for a month and let it fade out of my system for two or so months since it's fat soluble.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

Collegetownstudios wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:35 pm
ShoeplayJ wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 pm Maybe it's just my neck of the woods —and it very well could be— but it seems there is also a newfound (read: since that damn virus) apathy for personal hygiene to go along with this.
That's depression. Most people caught a serious case of depression due to being isolated and then due to people dying all over the place. I fell into it and it's difficult to even think about washing up some days.
True. Fair point. I definitely empathize with the depression. Make no mistake
I since found that Vitamin D3 helps get me back on track. I take about 32000 IUs of it daily for a month and let it fade out of my system for two or so months since it's fat soluble.
Two grams of NAC a day helps me. I'm on Vitamin D3 too but I found it by itself wasn't enough.

To expand on my original point real quick;

My observations are strictly as an independent rideshare driver and this was awhile after lockdown had been lifted in the area and folks and businesses started trying to get "back to normal". The thing that didn't help was that a good chunk of my riderbase was made up of the types who loudly and proudly didn't take it seriously in the first place. It surprisingly wasn't too much of a battle to get them to mask up before getting in....most of the time.

Its a thing where after awhile you can get a feel for who is suffering from depression over the whole thing and doing the best they can, and who is hiding behind the depression explanation (I'm not saying they don't also suffer from it. just to clarify) and the state of the world to double down on acting like the main character to the chagrin of everyone around them. I'm not talking about just body odor here (my sinuses are shitty anyway, and I have a mean supply of air freshener). The part where my patience gets thin and my empathy starts to fade is when I have to delay or in some cases cancel the higher paying customer who was coming after you because I now have to damn near deep clean where you just sat because you left behind [insert biohazard of the day] after you smugly yapped my ears off for 25 minutes about how "everyone is losing their minds out here. It's just the flu" or acted like you were too good to speak to me long enough to just verify your damn destination . OR when I find out that you lied to me about being exposed but only AFTER I dropped you off and now I have to quarantine and miss out on money — not to mention the panic that comes with wondering if I have now contracted it. AND you work around food OR the elderly, so now I have to be the bad guy and (anonymously) notify your employer to what you just told me. It's a miracle I only contracted that shit once. Thanks in no small part to one of these types of riders.

Not YOU you, obviously. lol

My favorite cartoon chicken used to say "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred". Fair enough but MY GOLLY. :(

Needless to say, after said van conked out on me last fall, I took a much needed holiday from transporting.

Anyway. Rant over. Enough about that. I'm kinda getting pissed at this shit all over again lol. And I've hijacked this thread enough.

Back to this whack-ass attire.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:59 am Anyway. Rant over. Enough about that. I'm kinda getting pissed at this shit all over again lol. And I've hijacked this thread enough.
Venting helps sometimes, and I'm glad you decided to did it here :)

But you are right...let's move on to more fun stuff...as that's the reason we all come here :hug:
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

nyllover wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:19 pm
ShoeplayJ wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:59 am Anyway. Rant over. Enough about that. I'm kinda getting pissed at this shit all over again lol. And I've hijacked this thread enough.
Venting helps sometimes, and I'm glad you decided to did it here :)

But you are right...let's move on to more fun stuff...as that's the reason we all come here :hug:
And that is another reason why I love it here. Aside from our shared passion, it truly feels like being among friends — being able to chat, blow off steam etc. Thank you for understanding! :hug:

And indeed, now back to our regularly scheduled programming! :mrgreen:
Collegetownstudios

Post by Collegetownstudios »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:59 am I'm not talking about just body odor here (my sinuses are shitty anyway, and I have a mean supply of air freshener). The part where my patience gets thin and my empathy starts to fade is when I have to delay or in some cases cancel the higher paying customer who was coming after you because I now have to damn near deep clean where you just sat because you left behind [insert biohazard of the day] after you smugly yapped my ears off for 25 minutes about how "everyone is losing their minds out here. It's just the flu" or acted like you were too good to speak to me long enough to just verify your damn destination . OR when I find out that you lied to me about being exposed but only AFTER I dropped you off and now I have to quarantine and miss out on money — not to mention the panic that comes with wondering if I have now contracted it. AND you work around food OR the elderly, so now I have to be the bad guy and (anonymously) notify your employer to what you just told me. It's a miracle I only contracted that shit once. Thanks in no small part to one of these types of riders.
Oh those people. Yes, they are assholes. I met a homeless man like that once. He would not stop talking to me, while I'm eating 3feet away from him (I was treating friends to dinner) and this fool gave ME covid.

The only upside I found, to the Covid I had, was that I breathed BETTER than I'd ever had before.
MelFresh

Post by MelFresh »

Not only in USA. French women don't know how to wear heels, The Economist reports :(

https://www.economist.com/europe/2023/1 ... high-heels
footstrangle

Post by footstrangle »

I grew up in the 80’s and started college early 90’s. Every time you would pass a perfume area of a Department store, women would be elegantly dressed in heels and pantyhose. In college I worked at a men’s clothing store. We have a beautiful female cashier. She was always elegantly dressed. I would go by the sides sometimes to talk to her and see her dip her foot in and out of heels. Women would go to college either wearing wooden clogs, or platforms, or wedges. The shoeplay I witnessed in college was incredible. Now I still see it, but only because I’m an attorney and women have to dress elegant. If they don’t wear heels, at least they wear professional flats.