YouTube & Copyright

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

christo

YouTube & Copyright

Post by christo »

Just got my first strike and it was issued by Vivere_01112013 for a clip that had no title, was really old, and didn't show much.

So why am I here ranting? Well because research found that this user is a nobody why just claimed a video. Something YouTube will comply with and causes harm to my channel. Vivere_01112013 is some random person who just claimed a video I uploaded that this person doesn't even own the rights to. I chose not to dispute it cause I don't own the rights either.

If you haven't uploaded content to YouTube in some time (as I haven't) then it's changed in some ways for the better. As I upload a video it scans for any issues and will alert me of issues. So if it's content that has a claim on it YouTube will either block the video or the creator will allow you to use the video and run ads on it (so they get paid for views). So if you see ads on my channel, just be aware I am not doing that but the original owner is.

So 3 strikes and you are out. With that in mind, I have slowed my uploads. Now I'll upload once a week and if I get another stupid strike I'll take my channel down. That being said my channel has grown rapidly in less than thirty days, with over 900 users. So it would kinda suck as I enjoy sharing my clips and expect nothing in return.

Where copyright law is freaking screwy. YouTube is a bunch of pussies and bows to any and every company when it comes to fair use. How is a 30-second to a-minute clip hurting a studio? It's not like I have uploaded the complete movie. On top of that, if you are like me you'll seek out the film or show to watch it. Same for music. Sometimes I'll hear a song on a video I really like and seek it out. Thus these content creators get more exposure, possibly creating more revenue. Yet they don't see it that way and just wanna push around little people and bully in a sense. I don't get it. Too much greed in the world.

https://scene-it21.blogspot.com/
Home for celebrity pantyhose feet!
murrayustud

Re: YouTube & Copyright

Post by murrayustud »

Well said. I get strikes every now and then for ridiculous reasons.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

christo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:23 pm Just got my first strike and it was issued by Vivere_01112013 for a clip that had no title, was really old, and didn't show much.

So why am I here ranting? Well because research found that this user is a nobody why just claimed a video. Something YouTube will comply with and causes harm to my channel. Vivere_01112013 is some random person who just claimed a video I uploaded that this person doesn't even own the rights to. I chose not to dispute it cause I don't own the rights either.

If you haven't uploaded content to YouTube in some time (as I haven't) then it's changed in some ways for the better. As I upload a video it scans for any issues and will alert me of issues. So if it's content that has a claim on it YouTube will either block the video or the creator will allow you to use the video and run ads on it (so they get paid for views). So if you see ads on my channel, just be aware I am not doing that but the original owner is.

So 3 strikes and you are out. With that in mind, I have slowed my uploads. Now I'll upload once a week and if I get another stupid strike I'll take my channel down. That being said my channel has grown rapidly in less than thirty days, with over 900 users. So it would kinda suck as I enjoy sharing my clips and expect nothing in return.

Where copyright law is freaking screwy. YouTube is a bunch of pussies and bows to any and every company when it comes to fair use. How is a 30-second to a-minute clip hurting a studio? It's not like I have uploaded the complete movie. On top of that, if you are like me you'll seek out the film or show to watch it. Same for music. Sometimes I'll hear a song on a video I really like and seek it out. Thus these content creators get more exposure, possibly creating more revenue. Yet they don't see it that way and just wanna push around little people and bully in a sense. I don't get it. Too much greed in the world.
That's just straight up bullshit! The douchey twat who reported on you should headbutt a meat cleaver. Maybe you ought to find another platform other than YouSuck to post and share your videos. Just my two cents.

BTW... I truly enjoy your videos. You're awesome!
Collegetownstudios

Post by Collegetownstudios »

silksplat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:55 pm
Nitro wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:39 pm
christo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:23 pm Just got my first strike and it was issued by Vivere_01112013 for a clip that had no title, was really old, and didn't show much.

That's just straight up bullshit! The douchey twat who reported on you should headbutt a meat cleaver. Maybe you ought to find another platform other than YouSuck to post and share your videos. Just my two cents.

BTW... I truly enjoy your videos. You're awesome!
Godfuckingdmn you. You should headbutt a fucking meat grinder and make your tiny brain into hamburger and it's YOUTUBE,YOU FUCKING JEW!
I'll bet this is NotAlwaysRight.
Collegetownstudios

Post by Collegetownstudios »

smashplat wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:51 pm
Collegetownstudios wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:22 pm
silksplat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:55 pm
Godfuckingdmn you. You should headbutt a fucking meat grinder and make your tiny brain into hamburger and it's YOUTUBE,YOU FUCKING JEW!
I'll bet this is NotAlwaysRight.
BZZZZ! WRONG! TRY AGAIN,DUMBASS!
You're right. NotAlwaysRight has better language skills anyway.
You are blocked.