Rapidshare warning, windows 7, McAfee

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Guy from NY

Rapidshare warning, windows 7, McAfee

Post by Guy from NY »

Hey all, I have a new computer with windows 7 and McAfee. It gives me the big red page for any rapidshare link before entering. I've not hit enter anyway as frankly who knows if there really is malware on these pages, or not. As I just lost a computer to the fake FBI page virus I am leery. Be sad to never see a clip I didn't have to buy again, but sadder to lose a new computer. Let me know thoughts on this please.

Wine, legs and song.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Weird....i have Kaspersky and i don't get any warning... i would assume McAfee isn't the best out there... :)
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
kavbojc1

Post by kavbojc1 »

I have Avast the latest thing and I've never gotten a virus!!!! Stay out of Mcafee......I'm in touch with almost 20 friends and NO ONE is using it...!!!Just an advice...Keep it cool :)
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

I'm using AVG, and I have never received any warnings while on Rapidshare.
notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

I'll say again I get that warning from geehot's "clips". I'd like to hear from anyone who's successfully downloaded anything from any of his links, because frankly I don't trust the guy.
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

He's using the only file sharing services he can use from his country (china, if i'm not wrong). i can't really understand why you would say "i dont trust that guy"...
notalwaysright10000

Like I said, I tried twice to download files and all that happened was a video ad played and and warning from my virus software pooped up.
Let me rephrase it: I don't trust the *site* he's using.

If anyone has actually successfully downloaded anything from any of his links, please let me know.
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
notalwaysright10000

Looks like I owe geehot an apology, as I've heard from several users who say they've downloaded his clips with no problems.
Sorry geehot, there's just so much bullshit and sneaky behavior on the internet I got oversuspicious.
I was wrong.
Sweet and to the point:
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

It's a great thing to admit to be wrong, well done :)
Guy from NY

Post by Guy from NY »

Lol, well I appreciate all the replies. This is a new laptop that came with full mcafee, was to run out in 2 weeks as ya get 60 days. Worked fine except for overzealous warnings. So today I see all these replies, and as I only have 2 weeks left, go to CNET and dload Avast as I read good things upon further review. In rebooting the keyboard and mouse stop working, tried all things, had to do full factory restore to get it back.

Now at least I have 60 days of Mcafee again, no ones fault but maybe CNET, and only lost 6 weeks of things, and as we see I've not been downloading but for what I buy anyway, and ll of a Sunday, but in whole it's a hell of a story!

Yeah I'll stick with the anti's ya just buy outright when mine runs out, otherwise who knows what you're getting nowadays. Also I'm in USA, maybe this makes a difference on what's good and not.
Wine, legs and song.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Good thing i have Kaspersky then... :D
Guy from NY

Post by Guy from NY »

Hey all, just to finish the thread a year or so later I got Norton and no issues since. I also have stopped downloading anything free, looking at images posted on the used sites here, or anything that does not require a credit card. (clips4sale, etc) So yeah, miss ya all, but virus free since!

Peace
Wine, legs and song.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

We miss you as well :)