[ENG] MS Downloads for Japanese Text

Anything regarding computer and technology in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

[ENG] MS Downloads for Japanese Text

Post by Dead Parrot »

Howdy folks,

Does anyone know anything at all about downloading the Japanese Text Display Support from the Microsoft website?

I am trying to access a site that is in Japanese only, and every time I bring it up I am prompted by a pop up box as to if I want to download components that will allow me to see the site in English.

When I try to download another pop up tells me there is an error, and that I should download what I need from the Microsoft site.

When I follow the link I cannot find anything with the title of Japanese Text Display Support.

Am I looking in the right place, am I blind, or am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

DP

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I couldn't try it myself because i already have the japanese support installed (it happened when i installed the L&H Power Translator), but anyway this page seems to be what you are looking for

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;257213

It explains what to do to enable japanese support. Hope it helps! :wink:
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

Hey, thanks for the info. It's still not working though, and I suspect that has to do with my computer/version of Windows, which is several years old.

Oh well.

DP
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Several years old.... :shock: well.... just ignore the problem and go on DP then, don't think there is a solution :D

Wish i was living near to come and have a look to that "several years old" windows...it might be worth being in a museum? :D