Old candids restoration

Post here all those nice candid shots or shots taken from live events (such as TV shows) you want: shoeplay, hosed feet, naked feet, beautiful legs, beautiful women in the street, anything goes here!

Moderator: Moderators

ayreon22

Old candids restoration

Post by ayreon22 »

I shoot candid photos & videos since 2005, back then the best recording resolution was around 640*480 (or worse), my first camera was recording at 13 frames per second... Not great by today's standards 😆
So, what about all these old videos i shot between 2005 and 2008? Or even some 720p videos that may look a bit crappy today?

I tried a tool to enchance the visual quality and the framerate of this kind of videos: it uses AI to generate images with a better resolution (and it can "create" the missing frames to generate a solid 60 fps video).

From a 320x240 video to 4K (2008): 

Image Image 

From a 720p video to 4K (2011):

Image Image 
-> Link to a video sample (4K 60fps)

Her feet look even more smelly now 😇

A test from one of my first real decent candid shoot in 2007, with this girl studying (at ease...) at the campus library:
Image Image 
From a crappy 320x240 video to a nice photo (well ALMOST nice, you can see some artifacts here and there. But first one looks pretty good in my opinon!)

Here's the original video file for comparison (and for FEET).

Let's not forget nylon (from a 720p noisy video):
Image Image Image

What do you think? Do you want me to try with some more?
(Here's the software i use, but of course there are more to try, possibly some free ones)

Collegetownstudios

Re: Old candids restoration

Post by Collegetownstudios »

ayreon22 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:43 pm I shoot candid photos & videos since 2005.....
What do you think? Do you want me to try with some more?
Topaz Labs is definitely the best program for this.
Which setting do you use on your videos?
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

OMG...these are AMAZING...and could certainly open up MANY possibilities!

I need to give it a try!
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
Collegetownstudios

nyllover wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:19 am OMG...these are AMAZING...and could certainly open up MANY possibilities!

I need to give it a try!
It's SO GOOD Nyllover.
But for most computers in a regular home, it can take a while to process a video.
You need a good graphics card and stuff to really get the most out of it.

I've been doing it for my own videos for the past year. It's super delightful.
Leopard

Post by Leopard »

That's great news! Some old great videos with bad quality can be improved 😍
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

Collegetownstudios wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:00 am
It's SO GOOD Nyllover.
But for most computers in a regular home, it can take a while to process a video.

I tested it with a very old video (20+ years old) that came from a camcorder...not that happy with the result but...I was asking too much 😁
I'll need to test it with some easier tasks, like simply bringing to 4K some Full HD videos I have 😊
ayreon22

Post by ayreon22 »

Collegetownstudios wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:22 pm Which setting do you use on your videos?
I'm still a beginner with this tool, i kept the default settings with the "4K & 60 fps " preset.
I'll have to check the other AI models, maybe some of them works better depending of the original quality of the video and the kind of scenery / lights.
If you know the perfect preset for feet, don't hesitate :superlol:

A bit more from the latest serie:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

But as Collegetownstudios mentioned, it can take a while to upscale a video, even with a correct graphic card (Topaz AI mostly (only?) uses the GPU).
Collegetownstudios

nyllover wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:11 am
Collegetownstudios wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:00 am
It's SO GOOD Nyllover.

I tested it with a very old video (20+ years old) that came from a camcorder...not that happy with the result but...I was asking too much 😁
I'll need to test it with some easier tasks, like simply bringing to 4K some Full HD videos I have 😊
It's much easier to get the HD videos to 4k than it is to get a 320px video to 4k. I might make a video on it.
ayreon22

Post by ayreon22 »

Yes, the IA can't make miracles on very low resolution unfortunately.

Another try from a 2008 "Asian girl soles at the campus library" video (320x240):

This one looks a bit better (still from a very low resolution video):
Image Image
Collegetownstudios

ayreon22 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:15 pm Yes, the IA can't make miracles on very low resolution unfortunately.

Another try from a 2008 "Asian girl soles at the campus library" video (320x240):

This one looks a bit better (still from a very low resolution video):
Image Image
Definitely not miracles, but you can get them to a good quality using a couple 9f different models on there.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I think the one I tested (which was a personal video) was WAY worse than that one. It was from an old analog camcorder, so it also had to be deinterlaced.... I asked too much 😊😁
ayreon22

Post by ayreon22 »

There may be some settings to take this configuration into account, and make old VHS videos better but you'll have to find the right one.
I found this video, with this comment:
Currently, to get the best image quality from low res’ DV footage, firstly run a de-interlace pass using Video Enhance’s Dionne model. Re-import the rendered file & choose Proteus model. Adjust settings on this model - including up-scaling - & render. To make matters more complicated I have discovered the de-interlace model that processes video at 50fps is the best. This means if your footage is shot at 25fps you need to re-import it & run a time remapping pass at 25fps before finishing with proteus de-noise, de-block & sharpen. PS: the added texture spoken of in the above video is probably due to the noise slider on when rendering. All of this is to say post processing of video, or film to video is a trial & error process. And if you are serious about this you will compliment your post production with other plugins, such as those made by REVision FX & Boris FX.
Does not look like an easy task :mrgreen:

Some more from an already decent 1080p video, upscaled to 4K:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image 

(one of my personal favorite btw)
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

ayreon22 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:54 am
No, but thanks for looking into it! :hug:
Collegetownstudios

It sounds difficult, but it is very easy. The program is set and forget.
Leopard

Post by Leopard »

Unbelievable feet and soles :love:
ayreon22 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:54 am There may be some settings to take this configuration into account, and make old VHS videos better but you'll have to find the right one.
I found this video, with this comment:
Currently, to get the best image quality from low res’ DV footage, firstly run a de-interlace pass using Video Enhance’s Dionne model. Re-import the rendered file & choose Proteus model. Adjust settings on this model - including up-scaling - & render. To make matters more complicated I have discovered the de-interlace model that processes video at 50fps is the best. This means if your footage is shot at 25fps you need to re-import it & run a time remapping pass at 25fps before finishing with proteus de-noise, de-block & sharpen. PS: the added texture spoken of in the above video is probably due to the noise slider on when rendering. All of this is to say post processing of video, or film to video is a trial & error process. And if you are serious about this you will compliment your post production with other plugins, such as those made by REVision FX & Boris FX.

Some more from an already decent 1080p video, upscaled to 4K:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image 

(one of my personal favorite btw)
assy

Post by assy »

Note that if you are using Topaz Video AI stick to v2.6.4 for now. The new 3.x versions are buggy as hell and (believe it or not) the quality has deteriorated.
If you have the video of my avatar or any other videos from thecandidfoot please contact me.
Collegetownstudios

assy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:54 pm Note that if you are using Topaz Video AI stick to v2.6.4 for now. The new 3.x versions are buggy as hell and (believe it or not) the quality has deteriorated.
Indeed. v.2.6.4 is what I use, and I have no plans of updating anytime soon.
ayreon22

Post by ayreon22 »

Some more upscaled videos screenshots:
Image Image 
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage

I am 9 versions late for Topaz AI Video, i'm on version 3.0.12. I didn't encounter any issues, but i can't compare against versions 2.*.*
Collegetownstudios

ayreon22 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:47 am Some more upscaled videos screenshots:
Image Image 
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage

I am 9 versions late for Topaz AI Video, i'm on version 3.0.12. I didn't encounter any issues, but i can't compare against versions 2.*.*
I have the newest version of Video Enhance.
What processes do you use to enhance your videos? I had a good groove with the previous version, but now I'm starting from square 1.
ayreon22

Post by ayreon22 »

I usually stick to the basic settings (upscale to 4K + 60 fps with Proteus), i don't have the time (or the processing power :D ) to do a lot of tests.

College girl chilling on the grass:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

The weather was exceptionally hot for this time of year (Februrary, 2 or 3 years ago).