Board Longevity

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

What agre group are you?

Teens (oops no I'm of legal age! I swear!)
No votes
I'm in my 20's.
15%
30 Something
11%
40's Crowd
33%
50's group
30%
60's checking in
4%
70's we were here first
4%
80's where am I?
No votes
100+ Vampires
4%
What, no 90's option? Were here gosh darnit!
No votes

Total votes: 27

christo

Board Longevity

Post by christo »

Man time fly's by fast. Mr. Mike asked my age and it got me thinking. A lot of us have been here for a long time and are still very active. Hell I have been here for 17 years and honestly it doesn't feel that long. Other have been here since 2002, 2003, 2006 and so on. I have seen recently registered members active in the community which I think is great. Honestly I really don't know of any other foot fetish message boards other than this one. A few Reddit communities which are basically trash and honestly that's about it. So where do younger foot fetishes go when they wanna chat with others? Maybe their is other places I don't know about. I'm just thankful this site has stood the test of time. As so many others I enjoyed are long gone. Anyone else remember fhs forum or it's failure relaunch fhs 2. Or pantyhose boards long gone like pantyhosexperince, pantyhoseteens and more I can't recall. What are some you remember?

And just for the heck of it lets take a poll on the average age of members. I'm curious if were a mixed bag or a bunch of old buggers. I'm 47 so I'm old bugger. lol.

https://scene-it21.blogspot.com/
Home for celebrity pantyhose feet!
Collegetownstudios

Re: Board Longevity

Post by Collegetownstudios »

I'm 34. And I feel it. I love the long naps in the afternoon.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

I am always impressed and surprised by how this board still manages to stay active and "relevant". We saw a bit of a "decline" a few years ago, mostly because I was too busy/lazy to update the board engine and template to something more modern, and compatible with mobile devices. Almost 65% of the visits to this board come from mobile devices, and I could clearly see that the board had a sort of "second life" ever since I made those upgrades (about 2 years ago).
This could be the reason why some of the other boards ceased to exist: lack of time/energy/knowledge to keep up with the technology.

Anyway, I am kinda sad that there are no more boards available out there. These days the whole foot fetish community seems to be scattered among different places: reddit, twitter, discord, facebook, Instagram...and perhaps even more. More options on the web are great, but they end up making it difficult to create something relevant and that can last for a long time.
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

I consider myself an “OG”…benn here since the beginning. I can honestly say I check this board every single day…that’s how great it is.

christo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:59 am Man time fly's by fast. Mr. Mike asked my age and it got me thinking. A lot of us have been here for a long time and are still very active. Hell I have been here for 17 years and honestly it doesn't feel that long. Other have been here since 2002, 2003, 2006 and so on. I have seen recently registered members active in the community which I think is great. Honestly I really don't know of any other foot fetish message boards other than this one. A few Reddit communities which are basically trash and honestly that's about it. So where do younger foot fetishes go when they wanna chat with others? Maybe their is other places I don't know about. I'm just thankful this site has stood the test of time. As so many others I enjoyed are long gone. Anyone else remember fhs forum or it's failure relaunch fhs 2. Or pantyhose boards long gone like pantyhosexperince, pantyhoseteens and more I can't recall. What are some you remember?

And just for the heck of it lets take a poll on the average age of members. I'm curious if were a mixed bag or a bunch of old buggers. I'm 47 so I'm old bugger. lol.
Baloo_135

Post by Baloo_135 »

I found the Yahoo Group back when I was a curious teenager in 2004. Now im 35 and my wife and I make our own content 😍. Thanks for the many years of inspiration gang
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Member since 2003
christo

Post by christo »

Baloo_135 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:33 pm I found the Yahoo Group back when I was a curious teenager in 2004. Now im 35 and my wife and I make our own content 😍. Thanks for the many years of inspiration gang
Yeah I visit multiple times a day.
christo

Post by christo »

nyllover wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 am Anyway, I am kinda sad that there are no more boards available out there. These days the whole foot fetish community seems to be scattered among different places: reddit, twitter, discord, facebook, Instagram...and perhaps even more. More options on the web are great, but they end up making it difficult to create something relevant and that can last for a long time.
Yeah some of the message boards that come to mind for me faded away way before the demand for mobile devices. Pantyhosexperience's admin just vanished so it got shut down when it didn't get renewed and was dropped by the server. It also got very toxic towards the end.

The world of foot fetishism has become more popular today than ever before. With TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, OnlyFans, Fansly, Pearl TV (yeah they know about us and do what they do on purpose) and so much more it's grown heavily in popularity. It's become a world of "Hey I can make money with pics of my feet?! Oh yeah!" And less of "You like feet, ewe gross." More and more women & younger girls/teens (TikTok) are more on board when it comes to accepting us and sharing feet content. Although I still feel like mainstream media still makes fun of us and often paints pictures of us as weirdos & creeps. Most recently seen in House of the Dragon. So yeah Hollywood you are adamant on repping almost everyone else, why not rep foot lovers in a positive light./s Lol! Like I always say what woman doesn't want a man who is willing to massage her feet everyday.

And again when you wanna talk about feet where do the younger crowds go?
Collegetownstudios

You don't want hollywood repping you.
They always do stupid shit. Like Disney with the Star Wars movies.
pumplover

Post by pumplover »

I remember first finding legsandheels.com and dangling.com. I was active there for a bit, even got mentioned in a live stream on dangling.com that was later posted. I hate I lost all that content. That's another discussion for later.

Then I was on another board or two and somehow ended up here early on. I can't remember when I joined, I'll look after I post. But I know I lurked for a few years, and then kind of just drifted away for a bit. I was glad to know it was still around when I came back last year, and I feel a sense of renewed enjoyment of shoeplay and doing my best to help curate what's out there so that we don't lose it.

Nyllover, you've done a great job with keeping the board going and up to date and it's a great place to share with like minds and to discover so many treasures. It's the only place I can come where I can talk about this stuff freely, well, other than with my therapist (but even that is in a good way LOL).

I hope that we are able to continue going for years to come! Let's keep moving forward!

EDIT: Oh wow, 2005! Been here longer than I thought!
tobydole

Post by tobydole »

This forum and the Mousepad are the only 'larger' foot fetish boards that are still usually friendly to candid & unintentional stuff (well and Shoesession but that seems to be a mess right now). Discord servers come and go as well. The various subreddits I've been in seem extremely hostile towards candid/unintentional content. I've seen people in /r/FootFetishTalks even say it's weird to look at feet at all in public...

That can certainly be another argument. In general it just seems like people my generation (Gen Z/Late millenial) aren't too keen on standard internet forums and prefer Discord servers or reddit or whatever.
Collegetownstudios

tobydole wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:42 am This forum and the Mousepad are the only 'larger' foot fetish boards that are still usually friendly to candid & unintentional stuff (well and Shoesession but that seems to be a mess right now). Discord servers come and go as well. The various subreddits I've been in seem extremely hostile towards candid/unintentional content. I've seen people in /r/FootFetishTalks even say it's weird to look at feet at all in public...
That seems like a symptom of the lack of chill that America is feeling nowadays. When you grow up hearing people talk about consent all the time, it rubs off on you.

Shoe session is wild AF though.
tobydole wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:42 amThat can certainly be another argument. In general it just seems like people my generation (Gen Z/Late millenial) aren't too keen on standard internet forums and prefer Discord servers or reddit or whatever.
Discords are very disorganized. But I think the appeal of it is because of the ability to see the most up to date stuff in a type of "real time".
But to me, it look like the fall of mental models of organization.
tobydole

Post by tobydole »

Personally Discord is so annoying to use for this, lol. Maybe for DMs its fine but It's hard to find anything in discord servers and your post can so easily get buried. Then again, new posts can also easily get buried on regular forums too. I think forum software like Discourse find a good middle ground between standard forums and something like discord. Also discord is quick to ban things so... another concern.

But for this site the community seems happy and it works for what the people want, and nyl delivers on that so it's all good lol.
Collegetownstudios

tobydole wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:21 pm I think forum software like Discourse find a good middle ground between standard forums and something like discord.
Oh, I'm going to investigate this.
mouse66

Post by mouse66 »

I've been a member since, I think, 20 years ago, but with a different username. And I also visit several times a day. My favorite topic is "Accidentally". And in 4 days I will be 56 years old.
nyllover
Admin
Admin

Post by nyllover »

tobydole wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:21 pm I think forum software like Discourse find a good middle ground between standard forums and something like discord. Also discord is quick to ban things so... another concern.
That looks neat. There are so many pieces of software out there these days...but I really think that changing anything on this community would be the end of it. As you say, it seems to be working as it is. If anything, one could thing to add something else, while keeping this forum...but handling this one is more than enough for the time I can dedicate to it :)
Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
tobydole

Post by tobydole »

nyllover wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:49 pm That looks neat. There are so many pieces of software out there these days...but I really think that changing anything on this community would be the end of it. As you say, it seems to be working as it is. If anything, one could thing to add something else, while keeping this forum...but handling this one is more than enough for the time I can dedicate to it :)
Yeah I agree with you. Big changes like that can easily kill a community and it's working fine now haha. I think those newer softwares are more focused on recent discussions and less about board organization, and with that I really like the "Recent Topics" thing you have here on the home page.