Times Have Changed for the Worst for Us

Discussions, comments, polls, opinions, anything regarding foot fetish.

Moderator: Moderators

Alminarchist

Re: Times Have Changed for the Worst for Us

Post by Alminarchist »

pumplover wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:15 am At least our friends in Asia (Korea, Japan, China) and Russia/Slavic Europe seem to still don't mind it and actually encourage the wearing of hose and heels in business settings...still it is of course dependent on the sector of the job market.
I'm from Poland and can confirm, hosiery and heels are still in the game :) Unfortunately it's changing, but, thank God, it's a slow process. Polish women will still wear pantyhose & heels for most of the formal situations. In many cases bare legs would be considered as a serious faux pas. At least for most part of the year - because of climate changes, summer is getting hotter each year, so for obvious reasons it's more torelable to not wear hose during hot months. Of course it was better in the old days - when you look at old photos from former Polish People's Republic (I was born in 90', after the fall of communism), pantyhose and heels were almost everywhere. But even nowadays it's still not so bad, you can see plenty of women who enjoy waring hose on the regular basis, when it's not required by a dress code. It warms my heart especially when I see teenage girls wearing them - it means young people are not completly spoiled by trends from West :P Speaking of which - unfortunately (I mean in this particular case, no offence ;)), american culture has a huge impact of global trends, icluding fashion. This impact can be seen especially in our TV. While in the news etc. presenters tend to dress formal, in case of other, less serious shows pantyhose are almost completly gone.

pumplover

Post by pumplover »

Alminarchist wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:53 pm

I'm from Poland and can confirm, hosiery and heels are still in the game :) ..........But even nowadays it's still not so bad, you can see plenty of women who enjoy waring hose on the regular basis, when it's not required by a dress code. It warms my heart especially when I see teenage girls wearing them - it means young people are not completly spoiled by trends from West :P Speaking of which - unfortunately (I mean in this particular case, no offence ;)), american culture has a huge impact of global trends, icluding fashion. This impact can be seen especially in our TV. While in the news etc. presenters tend to dress formal, in case of other, less serious shows pantyhose are almost completly gone.
Go POLAND!!!
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Imo this is the new norm until corona is extinct and it's not going anywhere. Of course we can get lucky once in a while. But unless they pay women to dress the we we want forget it
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

paradigm88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 pm I like to think things will come around. There's always an appeal to class. It's just a matter of when and how the pendulum swings back.
I used to think this way about a decade ago. I’m afraid to say that items like hosiery may never fully recover. Women, in general, moved away from hosiery over 20 years ago. I see nothing indicating a fashion comeback for hosiery anytime soon.

The limited selection you encountered is likely due to kinks in the supply chain. Hell, try buying a couch or appliances now... you’ll be waiting several months.
ShoeplayJ

Post by ShoeplayJ »

So I have a question, gentlemen. How common does hosiery need to be in order for you to be...I guess..."satisfied"? And what's more, just how scarce is it where you are?
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

hiker wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:23 amThe limited selection you encountered is likely due to kinks in the supply chain. Hell, try buying a couch or appliances now... you’ll be waiting several months.
Honestly, I'd have blamed supply-chain issues, but it wasn't a matter of empty shelves as much as the shelves and displays are gone altogether, maybe in storage. Compare that to, say, Target, where they have the displays but they've been populated with extra leggings and athletic socks, or left vacant waiting for more tights to come in.

I was reassured to see a few women wearing tights on our shopping run this weekend, but it's definitely a more relaxed, casual world we live in now.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I'll add people are more casual at church since the beginning of the century too.
assy

Post by assy »

Not too fussed about nylons, personally prefer bare feet. There are still a lot of nylons, but usually stuck in trainers with socks over them (so no dipping to be had during the girl's commute) only to be swapped for heels at work. Can't blame them, to be honest, with how uncomfortable most heels still are.
If you have the video of my avatar or any other videos from thecandidfoot please contact me.
MelFresh

Post by MelFresh »

Probably much more better times for us are coming. Ballet flats should be one of the top trends in the women fashion this year :)

https://www.vogue.com/article/ballet-fl ... back-2000s

https://graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/shopp ... mps-trend/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/best-buys/f ... s-on-trend
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:04 am So I have a question, gentlemen. How common does hosiery need to be in order for you to be...I guess..."satisfied"? And what's more, just how scarce is it where you are?
I live in a major east coast city and if I take a trip downtown I might see 20 women in hose( with boots or dippable shoes) in a four hour stay. Of course they are the professional crowd. Too bad no shoeplay seems like people don't hang around and keep it moving because of Corona. At this point I will take those numbers
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

MelFresh wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 pm Probably much more better times for us are coming. Ballet flats should be one of the top trends in the women fashion this year :)
That would be a welcome return. I don't know that they've ever left—I feel like the majority of flats are ballet-inspired—but some creativity would be a nice touch.

Flats are my wife's go-to for all occasions. And even when we started dating over a decade ago, the options were plentiful. A lot of it was fast fashion, I admit, but she easily has thirty pairs of ballet flats in all different colors and materials. Most, though, are starting to get old. The demise of Payless in the US was a serious blow a few years ago; since then, there's some variety, but not the simple "same ballet flat in 10 different colors" option that she loved so much. I guess it's the direction of fashion: a staple like the ballet flat is reduced to universal colors, black, brown, maybe a metallic, and possibly a leopard print for fun.

So I'd welcome some needed variety like we used to have.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

Not be good for me. Not a fan of flats.
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

ShoeplayJ wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:04 am So I have a question, gentlemen. How common does hosiery need to be in order for you to be...I guess..."satisfied"? And what's more, just how scarce is it where you are?
Dredging this up because I didn't compose an honest answer to it...but I've honestly largely given up.

Not given up looking, of course! But I just don't have many expectations anymore.

There are two casual footwear seasons up here, so it seems: tall leather boot season and sandal season. You'll find some tights and leggings around, but mostly concealed by the damn boots.

I simply don't frequent enough events where women are going to be dressed up (my better half excepted). We haven't had a fall/winter wedding in years. We haven't had big dress-up parties or dinner outings with friends since the pandemic.

My wife and I actually planned a weekend away at a nice hotel, and we're kind of centering it around getting dressed up even if we're just hanging out in the hotel. Well, mostly anyway...I was pointing out a couple favorite shoeplay-friendly shoes from her collection, to which she asked, "If we're at the hotel, I shouldn't have to wear shoes anyway."
paradigm88

Post by paradigm88 »

Mr. Mike wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 pm Not be good for me. Not a fan of flats.
The hope I'd have is that flats are the gateway drug to adding a little professional/aesthetic flair to fashion again. Anything to get it out of the practical-but-dull athleisure doldrums we're trapped in.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

Well if flats do come back most likely women won't be wearing hose with them anyway🙄
MelFresh

Post by MelFresh »

Ballet flats are responsible for the most of shoeplay events in the public places. They are designed in a way that ebables dangling even if shoes are not too loose or well-worn. So, if flats which were completely inpopular among young women last years will be trendy again it will be good news for us, definitely