Looking for an expert of statistics and numbers!

Write here anything about the website or the forum: comments, suggestions, ideas...

Moderator: Moderators

nyllover
Admin
Admin

Looking for an expert of statistics and numbers!

Post by nyllover »

As you know already, there won't be any update this week. You can read why here or in the blog. So i'm here with lots of time to think while staying away from the computer.

And i think it's about time to start giving some sort of relevance to the ratings of the videos. So i want to create a sort of TOP 10 page, where the 10 scenes with the highest rating will be displayed.

The most difficult thing, anyway, is how to create that list. And here comes the statistic problem.

For each video i have two data:

- Number of Votes
- Average Vote

This is all i can use to create this top 10. I was thinking of ordering them by using the result of the multiplication of those two numbers, but i've noticed that it's not fair that a scene with 100 votes of 8 will be below a scene with 200 votes of 5!

So what do you suggest? Should i use the average vote and keep in consideration only those videos with, say, at least 20 votes given?

Any ideas? Because i've never been good in arithmetics :oops:

Foot fetish custom videos since 2008
Click here, look at the available models and request one.
You won't be disappointed.
Dead Parrot
Mod
Mod

Post by Dead Parrot »

I was looking at this page:http://statpages.org/ until I went cross-eyed. Let me do some more reading. This is far from my area of expertise though, so hopefully another member can help out.

DP

EDIT - 16 May 2006 - What do the two lists look like using only the information you have now?

DP