Fuss over feet on couch in White House

Anything, really ANYTHING that comes up in your brain!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Feeture Feature

Fuss over feet on couch in White House

Post by Feeture Feature »

Would there have been as much uproar if Kellyanne Conway had slipped off her shoes before sitting on the couch to take a picture?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartandhp

hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

It was disrespectful of her to do it regardless of whether her shoes were on or not. There is a level of formality that comes with the Oval Office.

Should there have been an uproar about it?... no. There probably wouldn't have been if it were another President. This made the top of the news feed for all my sources this morning.
Feeture Feature

Hiker, did you look at the article? With all the photos of former President Obama with his feet on the desk causing similar uproars. I remember when President Carter was in office there was a photo of wife Rosalynn standing in a reception line for a state dinner with her shoes off and a lot of people thought it was shocking and showed her to be a know-nothing hillbilly.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

I guess after her issue with promoting Ivankas fashion line shes just going to be under a microscope. As much as I hate Trump and his staff.. I would just let this thing slide. Maybe she just got so excited to take the pic and forgot where she was? But IMO she just should have removed her shoes not to damge the couch.
llama

Post by llama »

She is an unpopular aide to an unpopular president. I think If a random intern had been taking the picture instead of Conway there would have been no fuss
sffan

Post by sffan »

Would you guys just leave her the F Alone. Look,I dislike Trump too,but keep your damn politics away from My fetish. Wall Of Seperation!
Feeture Feature

sffan, In case you hadn't noticed, this section of the forum is for any subject at all, not necessarily fetish-related. And I did not start it for political comments, just shoes on couch vs. barefoot on couch, regardless of political views.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

sffan wrote:Would you guys just leave her the F Alone. Look,I dislike Trump too,but keep your damn politics away from My fetish. Wall Of Seperation!
Its in the Chit Chat section so any thing goes if you dont like it then dont post on it.

I justbthink she thinks shes entitled to do things just because she is Trumps aide or whatever she is. To me I could care less but it must have been a slow news day to bring up something so petty. She should have removed her shoes though
notalwaysright10000

Post by notalwaysright10000 »

Feeture Feature, though your question is interesting, I don't see how it's separable from politics in the instant case.

If we consider the question more abstractly and ask whether a woman putting her her shoes on an expensive couch is, ceteris paribus, likely to be considered "scandalous", I'd say probably not. But what does ceteris paribus (all other things being equal) really mean here?
I honestly can't think of an "apolitical" scenario that would be closely analogous.

Sure, it would be odd to do this at the home of an acquaintance (as opposed to close friend) rather as it would be crass to just walk into their kitchen and help yourself to a snack from the fridge.

But the analogy is already breaking down...
Uh, OK, what should I write here...
Sweet and to the point:
My strong preference is for seated, both-feet shoeplay. Dangling, and shoeplay with open-toed shoes or mules, I'm afraid don't do as much for me.
hiker
Mod
Mod

Post by hiker »

Feeture Feature wrote:With all the photos of former President Obama with his feet on the desk causing similar uproars.
I remember when those photos were first shown years ago. There was no uproar. I remember that because I recall being surprised that more people didn't find it off-putting.
Footsiefreak

Post by Footsiefreak »

there was more of an uproar when those lunatics said michelle obamas shorts were too short. it was so ridiculous because at the time everyone wanted her sculped arms and you complain about her showing her legs :roll: